Just got into wrestling at the age of 30… I got some questions.

Vic Damone. Jr

Don't support the phonies, support the real
Daps
Reppin
Memphis TN
Make sure you acknowledge THE ONLY TRIBAL CHIEF, Roman Reigns!
:ufdup:
roman-reings-paul-heyman.gif

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Watch Wrestlemania 10
Bret Hart vs Owen Hart
Shawn Michael's vs Razor Ramon ladder match

Then fast forward to
Bret Hart vs Stone Cold Steve Austin
Wrestlemania 13

Then Bret Hart vs Shawn Michael's
Survivor Series 1997

Then do some YouTube Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Vince McMahon compilation clips

These are key matches and moments that defined the business

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
3) What’s the best match for an outsider to walk into? The goat wrestling matches? I don’t know shyt about characters and lore.

Kenny Omega and Jon Moxley’s Exploding Barbwire Deathmatch at AEW’s Revolution PPV in 2021 is largely considered the Illmatic of modern pro wrestling….the entire match is an instant classic, but it’s climatic ending is the first thing I’d recommend an outsider to watch to understand the art form

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
I recently started getting back into WWE for the first time since right before WWF changed its name and merged with WCW 20+ years ago because my 7yo son watches.

So I was out completely throughout the WWE+WCW era, John Cena era, etc.

And what you mentioned about the quality of actual wrestling in WWE these days makes sense and just disappoints me. It’s a lot of the same stuff on RAW and Smackdown many times, and I’m not really moved by a lot of the wrestlers, whether in the ring or on the mic. Definitely has its moments with certain guys and I’m still into it, but often just left hoping for unique moves and finishers.

But is the technical, in-ring actual wrestling the reason why a guy like Ricochet left WWE for AEW?

And a lot of the women’s matches in WWE can be hard to watch for me many times because of the lack of speed to moves, telegraphing of moves, etc…but I could watch Jade Cargill any day.
:noah:
Probably

WWE seems like they have a less is more approach. They’re real selective about what goes where, which is why I’m surprised they’ve been letting Melo and Andrade show out.

WWE PLE’s (FKA PPV’s) are always solid and you’ll get a match or two (or three) that are excellent, but it really only seems to go that way if the story surrounding it calls for it. You won’t see random undercard guys getting 30-40 minutes to just go..

AEW’s approach is the opposite. You might turn on Collision and see two nikkas who aint never interacted once on the show having one of the illest matches you’ve seen in a decade

Both approaches have their pitfalls tho, there’s really no right or wrong way to do it. WWE’s approach leaves their weekly shows hurting because the in-ring product on those is often below even their own standards, and AEW’s approach leaves a lot of the product feeling inconsequential. People out there just wrestling for the love of the game. That kinda turns a lot of people off. It really just depends on what you want out of a show

Some people have a hard time investing in a match if it has no real consequence or prior build, and some people could give a fukk about any of that extra shyt and only care about the match itself. It’s all preference lol

Last edited:

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Probably

WWE seems like they have a less is more approach. They’re real selective about what goes where, which is why I’m surprised they’ve been letting Melo and Andrade show out.

WWE PLE’s (FKA PPV’s) are always solid and you’ll get a match or two (or three) that are excellent, but it really only seems to go that way if the story surrounding it calls for it. You won’t see random undercard guys getting 30-40 minutes to just go..

AEW’s approach is the opposite. You might turn on Collision and see two nikkas who aint never interacted once on the show having one of the illest matches you’ve seen in a decade

Both approaches have their pitfalls tho, there’s really no right or wrong way to do it. Really just depends on what you want out of a show

Some people have a hard time investing in a match if it has no real consequence or prior build, and some people could give a fukk about any of that extra shyt and only care about the match itself. It’s all preference lol
Yessss…those matches have been excellent and I’ve watched a couple of them matches on Smackdown. Very impressive.

Then watching a dude like Dom Mysterio wrestle and it’s practically amateurish. I ask myself how that’s possible when his father was one of the greats.

Might have to check AEW.

Last edited:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Honestly, OP, don’t even bother watching old shyt. If you wanna get into it, start with the current stuff. If you like it and wanna explore more, then check out the older shyt.

Just put on Raw/SD, NXT, or AEW.

WWE - more emphasis on characters and storyline.

NXT - pretty much WWE Lite with tomorrow’s main roster talent

AEW - Storylines and characters are there, but more focus on wrasslin.

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Just watch what you want

If it’s something you like on either show stick with it:yeshrug:

WWE has a little something for everybody good storylines & matches

AEW leans more towards just matches most the time & is for the sickos

Last edited:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
1) Why is AEW shytted on damn near everywhere? Is the wrestling bad?

2) Why do people prefer the WWE style? What are the best matches with that style?

3) What’s the best match for an outsider to walk into? The goat wrestling matches? I don’t know shyt about characters and lore.

4) What makes a wrestler popular? Is it physical talent, gimmicks, or is it the companies preference?
  1. It's new, so, established WWE fans shyt on it. It's different from the WWE in a lot of ways, but, it's a decent alternative.
  2. Depends on the era, I stopped watching for 20 years and if you watching a 1990's match, it's not the Indy/spotfest shyt you see in the WWE almost every match. Ex. damn near every match, a wrestler climbs to the turnbuckle, poses and the entire time their opponent(s) are just waiting for them to jump on them.
  3. Watch Gunther, Sheamus, Drew McIntyre WrestleMania 39 or watch something like the Tag Team title Ladder match from WrestleMania 40.
  4. Personality and Exposure. People like the stories. AEW, people like the match regardless of the story.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Watch Wrestlemania 10
Bret Hart vs Owen Hart
Shawn Michael's vs Razor Ramon ladder match

Then fast forward to
Bret Hart vs Stone Cold Steve Austin
Wrestlemania 13

Then Bret Hart vs Shawn Michael's
Survivor Series 1997

Then do some YouTube Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Vince McMahon compilation clips

These are key matches and moments that defined the business

Stop.

Rocky iii is where the national mcmahon monopoly of syndicated tv. As well as mainstream commercial boom of wrasslin comes from period. Which is rooted in american race dialectic.

From mr t v rocky.

Deflected on to hulk hogun playing thunderlips the alpha male in rocky iii.
[Of which the raccat hogun was fired by the moronic mcmahon. Then rehired hogun. after realizing the drawing over spill. from a Oscar winning ip of all things. To showcase mcmahon's controlling fake capitalist agenda
]

Aided by the worldwide boom.
Of blues rock misappropriation of black music. for the mainstream boom of eye of rhe tiger.

[Everyone wore the vinyl needle cartridge out on this ten inch pop gem]

Which would be wrongly used by hogun. Elongation of licensing laws would result.
in the later interpolation biter theft for hogun's americana based theme :

Real american.

Changing entrance theme music entirely.
since this massive legal change.

You posting shyt and did not even connect tyson to the second boom. Which is a revisit of the same black ring sports misappropriation.
that aided hogun for scsa.

Plus hogun's entire Schtick is a misappropriated work. Taken from billy graham and Billy graham misappropriated his Schtick from black people completely.
Which will be deflected on to.
white evangelical church in short erroneously.

Stop the wwe bias attitude era noob bullshyt cap.

You did not even mention snme.

To skip an entire era.
that created even why you are bias to wwe erroneously.
You do not even speak of the.
The first boom quality match.
Wwf is so garbage historically. That the first quality bad guy on tv for the entire era. will be vicious Bret Hart in the Hart foundation. Where despite being lithe. Hart is visibly the only bout it heel in eqrly monopoly mcmahon syndicated tv monopoly era early wwf.

Till the debut of ;

Randy macho man savage

Which is still played as the best of any debut on television for its time. As the residual disco boom. Aa well as commercial sellout mainstreaming of the record macho man still resonated.

Which creates a slow simmer build for savage to acquire management.

Leading to the first mainstream valet of the mcmahon syndicated tv monopoly boom in rhe debut of :

Elizabeth

Or soon to be called:

Lady Elizabeth
Or
Liz

The first relevent valet in wwe boom syndicated monopoly based history.

Till eventually for that time in the new wwf nationally syndicated programming.
Leading to the descent into macho madness as a heel.
Leading to the first large ping of confusion to the viewer.
Creating the draw for the modern five star match at :

Mania iii : savage v steamboat

If you want to start with quality wwe programming.
after the boom was created from mr t.
Misappropriated by hogun.

After that.

The first stalker video to air on television.

The horseman eye the Rhode.
Which was a first ever.

Leading to the horseman injure and Stop the career of the real quality Golden boi in magnum ta.
fukk hulk hogun entirely.

Nikita koloff : the Russian sickle in the wwf. Not the bullshyt wwf version. Which will prepare you for the next southern alternative promotion headliner and the setup for next boom period. Which is ignited from the eventual change in direction to hogun.

Continued..

Need to surf for the links.

Art Barr

Last edited: