Just got into wrestling at the age of 30… I got some questions.

onlylno

Haitian American Descended From Slaves
Supporter
Daps
Hey Brehs,

My mom didn’t let me watch WWF growing up ( She walked on a Rakishi giving someone pink eye on my first watch.)

:pachaha:

I finally “got” wrestling recently after a friend showed me Will Osprey vs Kenny Omega and Swerve Strickland vs Hangman Adam.

:whoo:

The acrobatic athleticism mixed with brutality of the matches made me appreciate wrestling as a performance art.

:to:

Now I got excited to dive into the world of wrestling. I watched a bunch of documentaries to catch up but finding info online is tough. The online discourse is a mess.

So I’ve got a couple of questions from someone new.

1) Why is AEW shytted on damn near everywhere? Is the wrestling bad?

2) Why do people prefer the WWE style? What are the best matches with that style?

3) What’s the best match for an outsider to walk into? The goat wrestling matches? I don’t know shyt about characters and lore.

4) What makes a wrestler popular? Is it physical talent, gimmicks, or is it the companies preference?

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
bait-tom-hardy.gif

onlylno

Supporter
Daps
btw I ended up casually knowing about wwe from friends. But when I watched it at their house, I felt that it was kinda cheesy with the overacting and hella racist to the black wrestlers.

I thought booker T was a real one but I’ve seen interviews of him defending hulk hogan with a chocolatier’s mustache.

:mjpls:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
1) Who cares what other people think? The best thing to do is not care and just watch what you like.

2) Different people like different things.

3) You just descried some matches by people who drew your attention. Seek out some of their older stuff.

4) A lot of different factors ranging from their look, ability to work, personality, promo skills and so on.

onlylno

Supporter
Daps
AEW isn't shytted on everywhere. It's just a bunch of dorks who gatekeep between both companies thinking they're bookers and pocket watching.

Watch whatever you like. It sounds you prefer athleticism and workrate, which is AEW's strength. If you prefer storylines, then watch WWE.

what do you mean by work rate?

are there any wrestlers you recommend? Even old ones from back in the day

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I promise you. I want no part of any Stan wars. I’m not new to the coli but I just got into wrestling last week from an AEW fan.

:hubie:

I grew up with WWF/WWE and sometimes I would see TNA on spike tv.

Just stick to aew.

If you do not want your Intelligence consistly insulted.
Or made to feel like you are watching some low quality mcmahon son in law nepotism based bullshyt.

You have been warned.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Giant Gonzalez
Brodus Clay
Nathan Jones
Bill Goldberg

Why you sending this nikka off.
@Finn Baller

Looks at username correlation.

To the threadstarter.
Notice the wwe based username and trolling.

While the higher quality version of this wwe username. In relation to quality is prince devitt. The original og of the besstable of talent in wrasslin bullet club. When devitt moved to the wwe as Finn balor. You got a remedial version of what was once one of the the higher quality stable leaders in wrasslin history.

The same level of trolling.
this user tried you with. Is the same.
Level of bullshyt wwe programming is welled in completely.

Wwe will never give you quality.

It will always be a tongue in cheek lower quality work purposefully.

That caters to white eastern seaboard racist based dynamics. To combat black dominance in combat ring sports. Centered arouND and from mr t in rocky as clubba lang.
By misappropriation of a Oscar winning movie franchise. That surveys the dialectic of race socially in combat based ring sports.

Art Barr

Last edited: