Just got back from seeing X-Men: Days of Future Past

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Yup. J Law and Fassbender were the highlights for sure... Fassbender da gawd :noah: J law's fine ass :noah: I saw the jiggle when she kicked :noah:

Singer directed his ass off :whoo:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
it was missing the feeling of desperation. Too much screen time was used in the 70's rather than in the future to show how bleak things were, day to day living, etc... I feel like there wasnt enough action too. Too much yakkity yak for a film with legendary fight scene potential.
dude how could things get ANY bleaker in the future? They were literally down to ONE ROOM they were hiding in, and you knew the entire time the sentinels were going to come eventually, "they always do" they had to save the future by being in the past, of course it's going to take place mainly int he past :beli: there was exactly the right amount of action

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
How the fukk did some of you beta humans like first class more than this movie? I loved first class but this was on a whole nother level. The fate of humanity was at stake! :damn:

I really liked First Class(my favourite and highest regarded prior to this), however this film trimmed all of the the fat from that movie and brought in the proteins from the first three films which resulted in the best X-MEN film so far.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
the first kevin bacon scene in first class was doper than anything in this film

and i'd say the nightcrawler seen in x2 doper than anything in fc

so i'd rank

1. x2 A+
2. First class A
3. Future past A- (or maybe even a B+) with time

still top 3 xmen flick though

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
This movie was dope brehs and brehettes...the biggest reaction came from that post credits scene...mad ppl were clapping and shyt

En Sabah Nur!!!! En Sabah Nur!!!! :blessed:
En Sabah Nur!!!! En Sabah Nur!!!!:lawd:
EN SABAH NUR!!!! En SABAH NUR!!!! :damn:

:whew: powerful
Till u saw he was a frail needle nosed cac then it was like :camby:my nikkas wrists were lookin like hay.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
So then yes, all of the events are wiped out.

Kinda ballsy to basically make basically all the other films non existant.

But, its a clever way to reboot the series without having to use the dreaded reboot word.

It's like what Abrams did with Star Trek, but with more of a 'fukk you' at Brett Ratner for X3 :russ:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Movie did what I thought was impossible and successfully turned a clusterfukk back into a working narrative.

Do people around here really care for First Class like that? It really wasn't all that to me, easily below DOFP and X2. Probably on par with X1. What exactly was so superlative about it?

Magneto and Sebastian Shaw were great all movie....Peace was never an option. Great heel turn for Magneto at the end and Mystique being taught how to be proud of being a mutant by Magneto was strong and deep character progressive writing.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Till u saw he was a frail needle nosed cac then it was like :camby:my nikkas wrists were lookin like hay.
:dead:..have faith breh...im sure apocalypse will look the way he's depicted in the comics...thats one character you can't gay up once you get past his youth origins which looks like what they were trying to depict

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC

He was frail because he was young. Apocalypse only got big as an adult/with genetic enhancement. Plus he has always been depicted as Caucasian (not white, but still Caucasian) in his more human incarnations. In Rise of Apocalypse, he is Caucasian and has long, straight hair, and when he gets killed and resurrected as a child, he looks like a Caucasian there as well.

61 Corpses

The Breh
Daps
Reppin
Magneto and Sebastian Shaw were great all movie....Peace was never an option. Great heel turn for Magneto at the end and Mystique being taught how to be proud of being a mutant by Magneto was strong and deep character progressive writing.

I agree that those were great scenes,
but the "Rage and Serenity" scene with Professor X teaching Magneto how to turn that big ass Satellite was one of the deepest and best scenes of the entire X-Men saga.
I can't explain it, but the writing in FC was just so far beyond that from any of the other films :ohlawd: