Just got a Series X shyt is a game saver

Daps
Reppin
St louis
welcome to the best side of gaming breh.
XBOX!!!
dWvVip8.gif

UKVu0t8.gif

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
I don't want a gamepass nor do I want that to become the standard for all consoles...moving to the Netflix business model is going to eventually lead to companies prioritizing quantity over quality and video games will suffer like movies and tv shows have imo. When you got to meet a quota to keep the subscription base at a certain level, eventually less effort is putting into the "quality" titles and instead, they just use formulas to make the bare minimum to satisfy people's continuously regressing tastes.
What "quality" has there really been in games for this whole last generation? It's already quantity > quality and Gamepass has nothing to do with it

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
I don't want a gamepass nor do I want that to become the standard for all consoles...moving to the Netflix business model is going to eventually lead to companies prioritizing quantity over quality and video games will suffer like movies and tv shows have imo. When you got to meet a quota to keep the subscription base at a certain level, eventually less effort is putting into the "quality" titles and instead, they just use formulas to make the bare minimum to satisfy people's continuously regressing tastes.
it'll get exposure for a lot of smaller developers or games that have a hard time standing out from AAA titles. Much like Netflix gives a platform for a lot of shows that would have never been made.
Having a built in subscription also gives M$ an accurate budget\profit model to give to their developers, less risk for everyone involved.

The only thing we should worry about is the consolidation of games studios.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Gamepass is undeniably a great value for a small time fee if you don't care about owning games.
But, breh...

You forget that when the game is on gamepass be and you love it, you can purchase it at a gp discount.

So, it still is a great value if you want to own as well.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But, breh...

You forget that when the game is on gamepass be and you love it, you can purchase it at a gp discount.

So, it still is a great value if you want to own as well.

coming from an era were I rented games heavily, “owning” the game isn’t that important to me...the issue before was having time to play the games...but COVID has practically backed me into a corner...nothing to do but game/watch TV

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
coming from an era were I rented games heavily, “owning” the game isn’t that important to me...the issue before was having time to play the games...but COVID has practically backed me into a corner...nothing to do but game/watch TV
I agree.