Just finished watching "The Shield"

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yup, while i wouldnt quite put the shield as a GOAT contender for a tv show, its definitely up there in terms of purely the ending. honestly cant think of a show with a better ending

the scene where he's confessing to the DEA agent. "you killed a cop? :wtf: " cant think of a more tense scene in tv history, aside from breaking bad

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Dutch was supposed to be a serial killer but the writers abandoned the idea. I'm glad they did that because dude was my favorite character in the show. What made that happen was when he got ethered to Bolivia
by that one serial killer while all the Barn watched like :pachaha:, :krs: and :dead:

The Dutch turn the tables on the psycho fukk making everyone :lupe:

Sealed the deal nasty. "If you're so special, how come a lowly civil servant like me just caught you?" :birdman:

:wow:

I was rooting for Vic Mackey for the majority of the show as well but we should have known from the jump that Vic was a piece of shyt when he murked that cop in the pilot. Somehow the show lulled us into supporting Vic anyway. Shane too for going along with it and
then killing Lem
. Them two were beyond redemption unlike Lem and Ronnie who got worse than they deserved.

Yeah I liked that they didn't go through with Dutch as a serial killer in the end, he was one of my favorites on the show, that would have been way too much to handle, he was a good cop unlike Vic, I still remember the ep where he's
struggling with a case and goes to Vic for advise who tells him to "cut corners" and he decides to plant false evidence on the suspect and does so, however after thinking about it he decides not to and removes it and solves the case the right way and nails the guy with his smarts.

The "If you're so special line" had me :blessed::salute:

Though it was sad to see him
:sadbron: in the car after he solved it, the psycho really broke him down.

The way Vic treated him in the earlier seasons was just :smh:

Onto that smug b*stard Vic :comeon:, you're right when you say that at the start we know that he's truely a piece of shyt because of what he does, but the show did really well to cloud that and have you rooting for him and the Strike Team. When you really think about it, he did some terrible terrible shyt.

Strike team was doomed with him in charge, all that bs about the team being his family imo was just lies, it was always about himself and his own family. Strike Team were nothing but pawns to him. I was :stylin: at the end after it's revealed he'll never see his family again and wont be deployed on the streets which is the life that he loves.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
ive never watched

but maybe i should start :lupe:

Trust me breh you should, the pilot will have you hooked, it's also really entertaining, addicitive and doesn't drop off, found myself burning through eps and was :sadcam: at the end because I just didn't want it to end. The payoff from the show is just :blessed:.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
fukk Shane, dude started the avalanche of the demise of the Strike Team when he fought Tavon.

Nah, the Strike Team was always
doomed with Vic being in charge he was just too damn reckless and was always attracting attention, the real leader and head of the team should have been Ronnie. Ronnie had Dutch's books, Vic's street smarts and a sense of balance, which neither Shane or Vic had, he also didn't have a conscience like Lem which meant that he was prepared to carry out the worst tasks. He was always extremely careful, something that neither Shane or Vic were.