just finished the wire

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
despite the pending hate, im glad i waited so long to watch this series.

all the gifs and random rap lyrics are finally put in context. :ohlawd:

have a few small gripes with some of the characters but its nitpicking.

that 2nd season was rough but necessary. fukk whoever said it could be skipped.

what's the next series to binge watch? sopranos? :ehh:

So you love shows about cacs like Breaking Bad and TWD but never watched a show featuring Black folks huh? :mjpls:

Welcome aboard, better late than never. :myman:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People complaining about the way Omar went out truly do not get that life in general is unpredictable. If you noticed, most of the streets wouldn't believe Omar didn't go out in a blaze of glory and started folklore around the hood about how he got murked. This in turn reflects Marlo's conclusion to WANTED to be remembered in the streets and overheard those two corner boys reflecting on one of the ducktales :duck: as to how Omar went out.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So you love shows about cacs like Breaking Bad and TWD but never watched a show featuring Black folks huh? :mjpls:

Welcome aboard, better late than never. :myman:
i don't like watching movies or tv shows about black people all fukked up in the game. it's why i never watched the corner :yeshrug:

Ces1ne?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
Sigh

It was only a pain to sit through if you were watching the first season simply for the gangster shyt....in which case you completely missed the point of the show and why the show is so damn good

THIS is why I think there are differing views on the 2nd season.....if you go into it on a "season-by-season" basis you might be disappointed by it, but if you're going into it thinking about how EVERYTHING ties together then you will actually enjoy that season. There was A LOT of revealing shyt in the 2nd season that you had to look back on while watching the seasons after it. Of course some of the union shyt was a boring, but majority of other storylines in that season were essential imo :yeshrug:

Ces1ne?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
despite the pending hate, im glad i waited so long to watch this series.

have a few small gripes with some of the characters but its nitpicking.

that 2nd season was rough but necessary. fukk whoever said it could be skipped.

what's the next series to binge watch? sopranos? :ehh:

Sopranos was overrated to me when it was on & opinion still hasn't changed after trying to give it another shot so I'm gonna recommend watching The Shield or Oz.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
THIS is why I think there are differing views on the 2nd season.....if you go into it on a "season-by-season" basis you might be disappointed by it, but if you're going into it thinking about how EVERYTHING ties together then you will actually enjoy that season. There was A LOT of revealing shyt in the 2nd season that you had to look back on while watching the seasons after it. Of course some of the union shyt was a boring, but majority of other storylines in that season were essential imo :yeshrug:

A lot of people like a lot of different shows for shytty reasons.

There are a ton of "fans" of The Wire who just like watching gangsters to gangster shyt. The Sopranos had the same problem, if you want to call it that. They're the people who complained any episode where someone didn't get whacked. The same people who were saw Walter White as some hero dealing with a nagging wife and a "villainous" brother-in-law. It's not exclusive to The Wire or even to TV in general. It's people enjoying entertainment for what it gives you on the surface and never really "getting" what made some truly great art great.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
I still dont get how yall can hate so heavy on season 2. I remember feeling thrown off by the first episode being that the setting of the first and second seasons are so different, but all those eastern europeans were some of the gulliest characters on the show.

only thing I really hated about the series was cheese.:yeshrug:

Sane

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London Town
I liked season 2. Don't really understand the hate for it. Maybe some of you need to rewatch it. :ufdup:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
i understand season 2 hate, but i think there is worst shyt on the show. that whole bum killer/newspaper shyt was the wackest point of the show to me.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

XII

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I felt the same way when I saw Paid In Full a couple months ago. :russ:

full

wpid-owes-me-o.gif

tumblr_nc0o9e90cU1qh1kd5o2_400.gif
Everybody's still referencing that movie 12 years later :wow:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i wacthed season 2 when i was a teenager and i didnt like it much. season 2 isnt as accessible as the other seasons for a young teenager who mainly wants to see violence and death. watch it now when youre older and youll appreciate it more

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I still dont get how yall can hate so heavy on season 2. I remember feeling thrown off by the first episode being that the setting of the first and second seasons are so different, but all those eastern europeans were some of the gulliest characters on the show.

only thing I really hated about the series was cheese.:yeshrug:
It was just such a slow building season overall. It's a season that was way better as a whole but took a while to get to the point. I remember when I first watched it I had to call my fam to see if the show just completely falls off or picks back up. It's definitely much better upon second viewing and knowing how it all ties together.