just finished the wire

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
despite the pending hate, im glad i waited so long to watch this series.

all the gifs and random rap lyrics are finally put in context. :ohlawd:

have a few small gripes with some of the characters but its nitpicking.

that 2nd season was rough but necessary. fukk whoever said it could be skipped.

what's the next series to binge watch? sopranos? :ehh:

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
i recently finished watching the series for the first time myself (like 3 days ago)....i hate cop shows but this shyt was on point :ehh:...season 1 and 4 are without a doubt the best with the 4th quite possibly being the best of the best....season 2 was hot boo boo besides that one death (yall know who im talkin bout)....season 3 was straight but mostly because of the ending of it and season 5 definitely felt rushed and kinda just ended....show most definitely has quotables for days and of course all those gifs (i was actually surprised to realize damn near 90% of the gifs are from the first season)....so i guess u can say it lived up to the hype :manny:
they did my niccas bodie and omar so dirty :wow::mjcry:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i recently finished watching the series for the first time myself (like 3 days ago)....i hate cop shows but this shyt was on point :ehh:...season 1 and 4 are without a doubt the best with the 4th quite possibly being the best of the best....season 2 was hot boo boo besides that one death (yall know who im talkin bout)....season 3 was straight but mostly because of the ending of it and season 5 definitely felt rushed and kinda just ended....show most definitely has quotables for days and of course all those gifs (i was actually surprised to realize damn near 90% of the gifs are from the first season)....so i guess u can say it lived up to the hype :manny:
they did my niccas bodie and omar so dirty :wow::mjcry:

yeah, the omar and marlo thing felt anticlimatic. s5 did feel rushed. seems like they could have pulled another season out of it.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
im not even shytting on season 2, the others just outshined it.
yea compared to the other seasons, season 2 was just plain bad...all the main characters were annoying as fuk especially that racist piece of shyt son of ol boy, it did introduce cheese and have that death in it tho so i guess it served a purpose but it was just boo boo in comparison to the others

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
duke turning into a junky fukked me up more than anything else. i wanted him to win :to:
Easily the most tragic character in the show. :to:

The last scene with Michael fukked me up. :wow:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Oh look another Wire thread where people shyt on Season 2 because they don't really understand why the show was so good.

:comeon: Or maybe it's because it was a pain to sit through and does a 180 from season 1 with the setting and characters who simply weren't as interesting a the ones in the previous season.