Just as I predicted: Phil Spencer will bring GamePass to PlayStation at some point

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
How would it benefit Xbox? If Sony nikkas wanted to play Gamepass they could get it other ways.

Yall nikkas acting like Microsoft needs Sony. They literally said they'll think about it
I didn't say they need anything. I'm saying it only makes sense for ms to have their service everywhere. how does it make sense for sony without a whole lot of compensation. it doesn't

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
who da fukk is phil spencer dawg :mjgrin:

TCc3.gif

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Gamepass is a stupid business model

Why would big game companies miss out on 100's of millions of dollars first week of release and give it out for free

M$ is losing money on gamepass the articles are out there

THIS.

3rd parties def ain't and can't afford to do this.

Still wouldn't put my AAA exclusives on there Day 1 for this exact reason.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
How would it benefit Xbox? If Sony nikkas wanted to play Gamepass they could get it other ways.

Yall nikkas acting like Microsoft needs Sony. They literally said they'll think about it
Phil has flip flopped on this statement multiple times. Last year he was hinting at the possibility of bringing gamepass to the switch and said having the service on every platform is a long term goal. Then he changed it up earlier this year claiming that other platforms wouldn't be able to replicate the xbox ecosystem so gamepass was not being planned for other platforms. Now he's back to being open to bringing it to other platforms.

Its almost like you cant believe a damn thing that comes outta his mouth.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Phil has flip flopped on this statement multiple times. Last year he was hinting at the possibility of bringing gamepass to the switch and said having the service on every platform is a long term goal. Then he changed it up earlier this year claiming that other platforms wouldn't be able to replicate the xbox ecosystem so gamepass was not being planned for other platforms. Now he's back to being open to bringing it to other platforms.

Its almost like you cant believe a damn thing that comes outta his mouth.
Phil Spencer just says whatever comes to mind because he knows his zombie fanbase will act like he don't be flip floppin

First this guy says this(because 60fps wasn't possible with most games even with the X1X coming out at the time of the article)
Xbox Head Phil Spencer Says Most People Don’t Care About 60FPS.

then afterwards talks about 60fps being so important now that the pendulum swung over to that being much easier to achieve on new hardware.
Phil Spencer wants Xbox Series X to focus on frame rate over resolution | GamesRadar+
Xbox head Phil Spencer wants unprecedented frame rates on Xbox Series X

Phil Spencer is a classic example of a corporate guy :mjlol:
shyt changes like clockwork.
I don't fault him tho Jim Ryan and them cacs at Sony aren't too different. :mjlol:

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Phil Spencer just says whatever comes to mind because he knows his zombie fanbase will act like he don't be flip floppin

First this guy says this(because 60fps wasn't possible with most games even with the X1X coming out at the time of the article)
Xbox Head Phil Spencer Says Most People Don’t Care About 60FPS.

then afterwards talks about 60fps being so important now that the pendulum swung over to that being much easier to achieve on new hardware.
Phil Spencer wants Xbox Series X to focus on frame rate over resolution | GamesRadar+
Xbox head Phil Spencer wants unprecedented frame rates on Xbox Series X

Phil Spencer is a classic example of a corporate guy :mjlol:
shyt changes like clockwork.
I don't fault him tho Jim Ryan and them cacs at Sony aren't too different. :mjlol:
Hasn’t he said multiple times they’re moving away from hardware altogether? So where will nikkas be playing Elder Scrolls in the year 2030? On their phones?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Hasn’t he said multiple times they’re moving away from hardware altogether? So where will nikkas be playing Elder Scrolls in the year 2030? On their phones?

f50a0d160837a522786794ab23d25943.jpeg

that was their plan...:sas2: no hard system, just an open ecosystem where gamepass worked... including phones...:pachaha:and I said this in the other thread who wants to play their AAA game on a fukking cell phone...:why:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Game Pass On PlayStation, Switch Is Something That Xbox Is 'Open To'

This is the last generation for a major console for them, they are smartly coming to grips that Nintendo and Sony are just too big. In turn they will be the Netflix of gaming.
Of course they fukking are... That's like Netflix saying we're not going on Samsung TV's

I told people from day 1 about this, elder scrolls shyt, all this console war shyt.... That stuff is over.. Neither of the 3 sides are looking to cut off 40-60-80 million paying customers.. What for? To be exclusive to one piece of hardware vs how many software titles you make... Plus with microtransactions, games make way more than consoles now. Games alone can make you billions. Imagine Fortnite being a console exclusive... That's dumb

Business 101

Why would Sony do it? Because it'd be get down or lay down time. You might not want to put Netflix on your TV.. But it's 2020 and you better, or your tv won't be selling like the others. If gamepass is the godsend they claim it is, then every system would have to get down. Probably take a percentage or something... But they'd get down.. Especially if MS got out the game... MS=PC, Sony = Console, Nintendo = Handheld.. Call it a day

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
This begging for games is really unbecoming, lol. You want Skyrim, Starfield and Fallout, get an Xbox or PC or you will use a screen to stream.

begging gonna be in reverse. Nintendo and Sony have shown for decades that they'll be fine regardless. In order for Gamepass to really take off and become what Phil envisions, then he has to get the subs up. They've already stated they don't make much on it. Putting your AAAs on it day 1 will get you subs, but I still think it's not the smartest business model considering the costs of these AAA games to make and market. They paid way too much for Zenimax to just keep shyt on Xbox/PC. And again almost half of Skyrim's sales alone came from Playstation with another couple mil from Nintendo. That's HALF of the game's base right there.

Easiest way to recoup is keeping those games on all platforms either directly or via gamepass. Gamepass subs make up 20-25% at best of XBox users. It's still business at the end of the day. Suits don't care about console wars.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
begging gonna be in reverse. Nintendo and Sony have shown for decades that they'll be fine regardless. In order for Gamepass to really take off and become what Phil envisions, then he has to get the subs up. They've already stated they don't make much on it. Putting your AAAs on it day 1 will get you subs, but I still think it's not the smartest business model considering the costs of these AAA games to make and market. They paid way too much for Zenimax to just keep shyt on Xbox/PC. And again almost half of Skyrim's sales alone came from Playstation with another couple mil from Nintendo. That's HALF of the game's base right there.

Easiest way to recoup is keeping those games on all platforms either directly or via gamepass. Gamepass subs make up 20-25% at best of XBox users. It's still business at the end of the day. Suits don't care about console wars.

To the point that suits don't care about console wars, I agree. Everything else, vehemently do. There is no need to recoup this money instantly, to take from your earlier example. Microsoft isn't Disney. Disney has 23 billion in the bank, give or take a few. Microsoft, during their earnings call yesterday, reported 138 billion in the bank. Disney's margins are thinner so they had to put those movies into quick production. They need things like the parks to be open, they have a lot of overhead for operating costs that Microsoft simply doesn't have as they don't have a physical footprint in retail any longer for example.

Satya isn't signing off on this plan if their holy grail goal was to have Gamepass on the Playstation, he's looking at Phil as if he is fukking stupid if it was. The cost of AAA isn't going to effect them either. They are accelerating it so that others can't compete. Every single developer that Microsoft has purchased then went on a hiring spree after the ink on the contract was dry. This is a battle of attrition now.

Phil Spencer: Our Goal is to Release 4 or 5 AAA Games Every Year on Xbox

Phil Spencer: Our Goal is to Release 4 or 5 AAA Games Every Year on Xbox - News

Two things

• 4-5 AAA games a year shows the money is going to be spent
  • On Xbox, not other consoles, on Xbox.
Console gaming as a whole is capped at 200 million dedicated devices every 6-7 years. For what Microsoft is trying to reach, they want to reach a whole lot more than that. Microsoft doesn't need Nintendo or Sony to get there with Gamepass.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps

Can you edit game files from games you download off of Game Pass? Can you mod them the same way you mod Steam files? Because people are gonna want to play modded ES6, not just vanilla

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Microsoft doesn't need Nintendo or Sony to get there with Gamepass.

I know it's a long term plan, but if they are truly trying to be the Netflix of GAAS they are going to have to increase those sub numbers not just with their current Xbox userbase, but PC and "others" as well

- No company drops 4-5 AAA games a year. That's not even feasible and you're not going to hit on all 4/5 either. And to put those on Gamepass Day 1 makes even less sense financially. I still don't get/agree with that strategy.
- Their current Gamepass userbase is at 15 million and its already barely profitable according to them.
- Nothing is stopping the competition from either starting in the case of Nintendo or really pushing their existing in the case of Playstation their own GAAS platforms. Them doing so would be > Xbox offerings.

Microsoft and Sony both already share games across each other's platforms and with Nintendo. It's not some huge stretch to say that MS won't sell their new exclusive offerings on Nintendo and Playstation consoles, even if timed. And whether that be via Gamepass or the game directly, I think they will. Maybe not all titles, but some.

Last edited: