Jussie Smollett to be released from jail pending appeal

Able Archer 83

Two Minutes to Midnight
Daps
Reppin
That's wild! I remember when he got off the Hook for this bullshyt. I'm surprised that they decided to put him on trial so many years later for this. I got to look more into how it went down cause I thought when you beat a case it's done with.

Edit: So apparently the changes were reinstated. Didn't know they can do that but they can. Interesting .

The way I understand it is this: if you're put on trial and acquitted, then they can't reinstate the charges; that's considered double jeopardy. But if it never actually goes to a trial in the first place due to the prosecutor deciding to drop the charges, as happened with Jussie, then the suspect is fair game for whenever they decide to drop the hammer.

I'm surprised that they decided to put him on trial so many years later for this.

As I said, keep in mind that A: Jussie made a lot of very important people look very stupid, and B: decided to double down rather than present a mea culpa when given the chance. When you consider it like that (particularly point A), it's not that surprising.

Daps
Ain't defending that nikka but Ain't celebrating him going to jail when it's cacs raping and killing getting no time.
Nah fukk that nikka he made it even harder for black people to report actual hate crime without bonfide hard proof. Then they booty warriors start attacking straight black men cause we are actually sane and used logic to see the story full of shyt and finally he went on a mini tour saying he the gay tupac acting like he some kind of revolutionary

aint no love for him this way and if it was possible to excommunicate people from the race Juicy would be on my top 10

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Nah fukk that nikka he made it even harder for black people to report actual hate crime without bonfide hard proof. Then they booty warriors start attacking straight black men cause we are actually sane and used logic to see the story full of shyt and finally he went on a mini tour saying he the gay tupac acting like he some kind of revolutionary

aint no love for him this way and if it was possible to excommunicate people from the race Juicy would be on my top 10
:wtf:

:mjlol:

How the fukk did I miss that fukkery...I'm glad I did because wow.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
:gucci:this nikka family needs to stage an intervention & get him some help...

You ever been knee deep in a lie and decided you just gotta do down with the ship? Granted I've never done some dumb shyt to this magnitude but I've DEF been on that sinking ship defending myself. Whether it was some dumb shyt when I was a kid and got caught, or school shyt, relationship shyt, etc.
:francis:

All that being said I hope he does real jail time. He attempted to burn down the country for personal gain. It wasn't just right vs left. You had straight black men being attacked for daring to question his ridiculous sounding story. I got zero issue with the judge making an example out of him...and I don't want to hear "bububu what about this other case that has nothing to do with this." Nah. Lets talk about this case only. Throw him in jail.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
That's wild! I remember when he got off the Hook for this bullshyt. I'm surprised that they decided to put him on trial so many years later for this. I got to look more into how it went down cause I thought when you beat a case it's done with.

Edit: So apparently the changes were reinstated. Didn't know they can do that but they can. Interesting .
re: the bolded. The DA can decide whether they want to pursue charges or not. Crimes have a certain window where they can be charged (statue of limitations) and once that time has passed, then charges can't be brought on someone anymore. The other major way to not get charged is what @Able Archer 83 said about double jeopardy. If you go to trial and get found not guilty by a jury, then you can't ever be tried again for that crime. So if you kill someone, get charged with murder, take it to trial, and you get found not guilty...you can tell the world you did the murder for the rest of your life and you can never go to prison for it. If Jussie had been found not guilty then he could never be charged with these same crimes ever again.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
He on house arrest until he gets sentenced or jail?
Definitely not in jail between now and sentencing date. It's possible they threw some limitations on the conditions of his bail/bond, but I'm guessing he's a totally free man until sentencing day.

I'm torn on whether I think he'll have to do any time or not. I was leaning towards him not having to serve time, but I read that the judge is able to take into account his behavior between the guilty verdict and sentencing date. My guess is the judge might not like that Jussie is doubling down

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Definitely not in jail between now and sentencing date. It's possible they threw some limitations on the conditions of his bail/bond, but I'm guessing he's a totally free man until sentencing day.

I'm torn on whether I think he'll have to do any time or not. I was leaning towards him not having to serve time, but I read that the judge is able to take into account his behavior between the guilty verdict and sentencing date. My guess is the judge might not like that Jussie is doubling down
Dude out here moving like a female..not taking responsibility for his fukkup :wow:

More I learn about this case..the more I want him to do jail time.

Who the fukk advised him to take this to trial?
:russ: