Jupiter's Legacy - New Netflix show based off of the Image comic book

taker597

Superstar
Daps
I low key think this might be better than the umbrella academy. I’m having a good time following Utopians origin story in the past
Besides some bad camera work, way too many cuts, terrible make up for Black Star, and budget constraint CGI... The characters, writing, and acting are putting together great scene after great scene.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Besides some bad camera work, way too many cuts, terrible make up for Black Star, and budget constraint CGI... The characters, writing, and acting are putting together great scene after great scene.
Agreed. Despite it looking very low budget I’m still watching and interested. A testament to the writing

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I'm on episode 3 and I liking this a lot. I know people can't help but compare it to Marvel shyt but it's not about the action. The fake beard's and costumes do look cheap but the acting is pretty damn good. The backstory was interesting as hell and I'm liking this cat Linus and his teleporting stick. I remember reading the first few chapters of this a while ago and being impressed just never finished it. I know I'm probably in the minority but I'm diggin it. Oh yea and Umbrella Academy was trash IMO.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Only on the first episode and I'm intrigued. :ehh:

The CGI though! :scust: Looks worse than the CW shows.
bba5976fe5a02e3712a727459ef7b046.png

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
I’m having a hard time getting over the costumes, wigs, and cgi. The fight scenes look like some cw shyt. The acting is ok but I feel like Disney and Amazon have spoiled me..

Last edited:

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
I barely made it through ep 1

But by the time I got to 2 I was ready to ride

It has its flaws. It does look cheap and weird. But the concepts are interesting. This Utopian dude is great cause he's nothing like Homelander or Omni Man (yet?)

He's a dikc just cause he's SOOO righteous. And he doesn't understand why it turns people off. AND he HAS to rock it like that for the reasons he keeps stating

If he - and the rest of the supers - wasn't so idealistic and "pure", it would become a nightmare for everyone.

That's different and it's a compelling thought experiment. Cause everyone else is like "just take control of things. Get er done. Fukc the philosophy"

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
I'm just about done w the series, but I'll say this....the material is pretty good but if the CGI/costumes/budget was a bit better, this show would be received better. I like the series....an interesting dynamic on typical superhero tropes