"Jumpman Jalen and them (Bull)Dawgs, Time To Run It Back Swiftly" **Official 2023 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread**

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
I wish ppl really understood the X's and O's of football ITT bc every critique of this offense and defense I've had before they became popular talking points

Jalen is half the problem and coaching is the other half...coaches are not telling him to throw deep in dbl coverage, to not step into throws, to not take wide open check downs on first and second down, etc...

The offense was able to complete short to intermediate passes last yr but are not unable to bc of scheme & playcalling :mjlol:

Y'all nikkas gullible...Jalen's release is slower this season & he can't read the field...he's only looking for players...he doesn't take what the def gives him

Take it from someone who really knows the game :beli:

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
this fukkin coach

:stopitslime:

On top of those struggles, Jalen Hurts’ desired direction for the offense has not materialized, which has been a source of disappointment for the franchise quarterback, according to a source with direct knowledge of Hurts’ thinking. A disconnect between the visions of Sirianni, Hurts and offensive coordinator Brian Johnson has affected the offense’s ability to land on an identity, the source said. [...] In the early stages of the Eagles’ skid, Hurts was hoping the direction of the offense would change, the source familiar with Hurts’ thinking said, believing they were overly reliant on vertical routes and not utilizing short-to-intermediate throws, particularly over the middle of the field where Brown has thrived in his career. In short, the belief was there was too much flash over substance — a sentiment others on the offensive side of the ball shared. [...] A source described Johnson as having to fit his own philosophy within an offensive structure belonging to Sirianni. And just how much autonomy Johnson has as a playcaller is unclear. Sirianni has acknowledged that he’ll step in to overrule a call on occasion, as he did on a critical third-and-long play against the Washington Commanders in Week 4 when Johnson wanted to pass and Sirianni dialed up a run, which didn’t pan out. The line is blurred enough that some offensive players don’t know for sure who is calling the plays and when, a team source said.
Called it in here a few days ago, the issues on offense are literally the same ones that popped up in 2021 before Steichen took over (no commitment to the run game, slow starts and lack of rhythm, obscure screens and draws)

We have a 24 game sample to work with over three years, this is what it looks like when Nick is either calling plays or has a rookie OC who's basically an extension of him.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
I wish ppl really understood the X's and O's of football ITT bc every critique of this offense and defense I've had before they became popular talking points

Jalen is half the problem and coaching is the other half...coaches are not telling him to throw deep in dbl coverage, to not step into throws, to not take wide open check downs on first and second down, etc...

The offense was able to complete short to intermediate passes last yr but are not unable to bc of scheme & playcalling :mjlol:

Y'all nikkas gullible...Jalen's release is slower this season & he can't read the field...he's only looking for players...he doesn't take what the def gives him

why would anyone believe that you really know the game

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

because when the eagles were cookin last year you were the lone negative voice so much you had avoided the team thread, bashed the eagles outside of team thread, and had other team fanbases look at you like you were crazy when they were the number 1 team in the league..and you took delight when they lost a hard fought superbowl against the chiefs...it was 1+ 1 = 3 :heh:

just like you thought ryan garcia was a good boxer and thought he would beat tank... i broke it down to you ryan garcia's glaring flaws and why he wouldnt beat Tank...because i know boxing like the back of my hand..and things went exactly how i said lol

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
because when the eagles were cookin last year you were the lone negative voice so much you had avoided the team thread, bashed the eagles outside of team thread, and had other team fanbases look at you like you were crazy when they were the number 1 team in the league..and you took delight when they lost a hard fought superbowl against the chiefs...it was 1+ 1 = 3 :heh:

just like you thought ryan garcia was a good boxer and thought he would beat tank... i broke it down to you ryan garcia's glaring flaws and why he wouldnt beat Tank...because i know boxing like the back of my hand..and things went exactly how i said lol

This ain't a boxing thread and no one ITT knows football nor b-ball to the degree I do

I've been right all season and everyone is deflecting blame

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
I love y'all's confidence...but I'm not seeing how we win this unless they COMPLETELY change philosophy on both sides of the ball.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Random and might not matter in a few hours but why didn’t they put Sydney on IR and use his roster spot for somebody that can use their leg?

thashiek

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I love y'all's confidence...but I'm not seeing how we win this unless they COMPLETELY change philosophy on both sides of the ball.

I'm just hoping they remember what worked earlier in the season and last year.

I'm hoping a little more health on defense plays a role.

I'm hoping The run defense plays like a brick wall again...

Most of all, i'm hoping for intensity and effort for a change.

30-24 green birds win :wow:

Dig

Catch Up
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
I been MIA this season, but I been watching. Please just have some semblance of an offensive rhythm and get off the field at least 1/3 of their 3rd downs:francis:. No AJ and no reed :francis:. I think they have a shot, but I'm expecting fukkery