Judge Dredd gets a movie in 2012 but not Black Panther?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'll cast Idris Elba.....even though he's Heimdall:pachaha:

:what: he's also in ghostrider. there's no legitimate reason to recycle the same handful of actors when there's a wide variety of qualified actors out there. idris elba would not make a good black panther, imo

Dirty_Jerz

Ethiop
Daps
Reppin
the evils of truth, and love
Yup....but if you remember they only mention little about the Nazi party and its ties with the red skull and left it at that....The Cap movie was about him versus Hydra, and that was just a minor change to be safe I guess (besides everybody hates Hitler).......And of course we know as fans what the Black Panther is about.....But what about:merchant: when he sees the teaser poster......Marvel/Disney only goal is to put a product out there thats gonna give them the maximum amount of $ucce$$......You wouldn't drop the "Black" out the tittle to do that????

so basically its ok for cap to have some involvement politically but black panther needs to be re written for any it to have appeal

you dont know if dropping black out of the title would make it sell more or less and no everyone doesnt have to like it every movie isnt going to appeal to every person

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
:what: he's also in ghostrider. there's no legitimate reason to recycle the same handful of actors when there's a wide variety of qualified actors out there. idris elba would not make a good black panther, imo

I meant that more as a joke....I don't really know who would be best to cast....I know the charater (read stories were he cameo) but I never read a full BP story arch

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
so basically its ok for cap to have some involvement politically but black panther needs to be re written for any it to have appeal

you dont know if dropping black out of the title would make it sell more or less and no everyone doesnt have to like it every movie isnt going to appeal to every person

Yea I don't know....I'm just trying my best to put on my movie producer/marketing thinking hat....but face it when it comes to comic movies minor things get changed all the time....(did Thor even rocked his helm in avengers at all?).....hawkeye not rocking a mask period...I'm not saying rewrite BP...I was just saying call the movie Panther....but shyt I could be wrong BP may be the next Blade or something (doubt it)

Economics

There is always tradeoffs
Daps
Stan Lee said they were thinking about a Black Panther movie at marvel in a recent interview or that he himself would like to see one made.

Deadpool is such a popular character, I'd be surprised if he wasn't in his own movie in the near future, or introduced in another movie first. They're thinking about a Doctor Strange movie, a Black Panther movie, an Ant-Man movie—there's just so many ideas in the works right now at Marvel!

Stan Lee Reveals Which Marvel Movies He Didn't Really Like - CinemaBlend.com

Ant-man tho :leostare:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yea I don't know....I'm just trying my best to put on my movie producer/marketing thinking hat....but face it when it comes to comic movies minor things get changed all the time....(did Thor even rocked his helm in avengers at all?).....hawkeye not rocking a mask period...I'm not saying rewrite BP...I was just saying call the movie Panther....but shyt I could be wrong BP may be the next Blade or something (doubt it)

you're just a realistic c00n :steviej:

"these white folks dont wanna hear about no black panther, can't we just call em panther!"

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Black Panther being on the animated Avengers show gave him exposure with the kids who may not be familiar with the character, and they didn't have to change his name to "The Panther." Black Panther got a following some of y'all may not know about. Adapting Priest run will probably be the best for not scaring white folks away.

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Christopher Priest's version was the dopest. If it does happen, I hope it's his version.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Judge Dredd is WHITE... They'd reboot that movie 25776 times before green lighting a Black Panther flick.

A black panther movie would NEED a bonafide star at this point to be made, and Will Smith, Jamie Foxx, etc are too expensive. Idris Elba is already in Thor, and the rest aren't box office powerhouses..

:blessed:

rip chad

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
blackpanther.jpg

she's active too :usure:

pic not working

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Blade isnt a black movie or even a black comic. Its a vampire comic where the protagonist is black. The Black Panther would be a black story. You think soccer moms are gonna take lil Timmy to see a movie about black people shytting on white folks? Aint no way in hell Marvel is gonna put Iron Man and Captain America getting shown up on film, especially by an unpopular black hero.

I could see if there was a record of people actually clamoring for Black Panther material but even nikkas dont read his books. I guarantee more black people know the history of Iron Man, Captain America, The Hulk, etc...over the Black Panther.

:russ: