Judge Dredd gets a movie in 2012 but not Black Panther?

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Judge Dredd is WHITE... They'd reboot that movie 25776 times before green lighting a Black Panther flick.

A black panther movie would NEED a bonafide star at this point to be made, and Will Smith, Jamie Foxx, etc are too expensive. Idris Elba is already in Thor, and the rest aren't box office powerhouses..

The thing is that thor had a white unknown actor and it was a moderate hit, I don't think black panther needs a star actor for the movie to do well as long as the story and visuals are on point and it's marketed well.

However obviously hollywood nowadays is far too lazy and prejudice to do anything like that for an unknown black actor as the main character

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I must be on the only nikka on the coli who feels like Black Panther would just fail in terms of the other marvel movies....I mean I like the Black Panther and all...but come on A black superhero by the name of Black Panther would not sit well with casual viewers they gonna be like :comeon:.......Now what they could do is change his name....drop the Black in the tittle and just run with Panther

so you're saying the word black spooks cacs that much? :wow: right or wrong, :wow:

i just doubt it though, it's a myth that big budget movies with a black protagonist don't sell. blade 1 put all this in motion to begin with. if they actually put the same energy into BP that they gave ironman or thor; he would probably outsell them

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The thing is that thor had a white unknown actor and it was a moderate hit, I don't think black panther needs a star actor for the movie to do well as long as the story and visuals are on point and it's marketed well.

it's not just the actors job to make a movie. with a good script and studio backing, they are supposed to break talent. they don't need to goto this overexposed actors, jamie foxx? :comeon:

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it's not just the actors job to make a movie. with a good script and studio backing, they are supposed to break talent. they don't need to goto this overexposed actors, jamie foxx? :comeon:

Yeah that's what I said. Hollywood can make a successful black panther movie with an unknown black actor but it's on them to not be prejudiced about it.

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
25678217.jpg

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
so you're saying the word black spooks cacs that much? :wow: right or wrong, :wow:

i just doubt it though, it's a myth that big budget movies with a black protagonist don't sell. blade 1 put all this in motion to begin with. if they actually put the same energy into BP that they gave ironman or thor; he would probably outsell them

The guy name is BLACK Panther.....google the name and tell me what all you find...its too risqué to invest time and money into....it has nothing to do the fact that the character is black......y'all nikkas need to stop looking at it from a comic fan aspect and look at it from a strictly a "I don't read comics, but i enjoyed the avengers" aspect

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
:aicmon: if the "black" part needs to be taken off because its offensive to people that just goes to show what we dealin with in who is really clamoring for their own interests

why dont we change captian america to a black man a since obama is the president or a native indian since they were here first :ehh:

Cause cap is a white male in the books, u do that comic fans arent gonna go see it, he is iconic (I know I wouldn't)......you don't lose much of the character calling him just the Panther

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

Blade isnt a black movie or even a black comic. Its a vampire comic where the protagonist is black. The Black Panther would be a black story. You think soccer moms are gonna take lil Timmy to see a movie about black people shytting on white folks? Aint no way in hell Marvel is gonna put Iron Man and Captain America getting shown up on film, especially by an unpopular black hero.

I could see if there was a record of people actually clamoring for Black Panther material but even nikkas dont read his books. I guarantee more black people know the history of Iron Man, Captain America, The Hulk, etc...over the Black Panther.

Clem

Get out my way, pimpin'.
Daps
Reppin
California
Not really related.

A more relevant question is why a movie about Hawkeye will happen before the Black Panther film.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Blade isnt a black movie or even a black comic. Its a vampire comic where the protagonist is black. The Black Panther would be a black story. You think soccer moms are gonna take lil Timmy to see a movie about black people shytting on white folks? Aint no way in hell Marvel is gonna put Iron Man and Captain America getting shown up on film, especially by an unpopular black hero.

I could see if there was a record of people actually clamoring for Black Panther material but even nikkas dont read his books. I guarantee more black people know the history of Iron Man, Captain America, The Hulk, etc...over the Black Panther.

Not to mention theres a difference between Black American.....and just African.....shyt there's Black Americans who don't even like Africans....A fukking Luke Cage movie is more marketable then black panther.....and static shock would do a killing

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

You are assuming alot of shyt and most of it is just not correct. Red Tails was a movie with a majority black cast and it did ok not great but I don't think a white counterpart of that movie would of did much better.

A black panther movie can do well, the history of the movie doesn't mean shyt because most ordinary non comic book people didn't know about thor either. It all depends on how the story is portrayed and how it's marketed, if a studio does a black panther movie and they come out with a hot trailer people will go see it. You are assuming just because the title has black panther in it, it automatically makes it controversial that's simply not true.

Ironically your line of thinking is probably more in line with what an ignorant white producers who would fund a black panther movie is thinking. They don't think that it will sell well to white america when that is just not true. As long as the movie's plotline is not offensive, the story is actually interesting, and the action is exciting people will go see it in my opinon.

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not to mention theres a difference between Black American.....and just African.....shyt there's Black Americans who don't even like Africans....A fukking Luke Cage movie is more marketable then black panther.....and static shock would do a killing

This is fantasy storyline dude you actually think people will go to movies see a black african and think oh I don't like africans? Get the fukk outta here.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
This is fantasy storyline dude you actually think people will go to movies see a black african and think oh I don't like africans? Get the fukk outta here.

I don't think people would see the damn movie period BREH :myman: well besides me cause I love my comics