Judge Dredd gets a movie in 2012 but not Black Panther?

Dirty_Jerz

Ethiop
Daps
Reppin
the evils of truth, and love
Cause cap is a white male in the books, u do that comic fans arent gonna go see it, he is iconic (I know I wouldn't)......you don't lose much of the character calling him just the Panther

well the same reason black doesnt need to be removed is because its in the books :wtb:

thats the whole thing about it too

taking black off his name isnt changing how good the story is to the point that it would hurt the number of viewers because its just that interesting and unique

but at the same time since its "irrelevant":stopitslime: we shouldnt be editing the black out just because a good amount of people dont like any forms of africans beating down or showing up some of their favorite superheroes it might even get more viewers that way for being controversial

if their can be a thor that represents europeon mythology to the point of saying the asgards are gods why cant their be a dominant black nation with the leader being called black panther

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
well the same reason black doesnt need to be removed is because its in the books :wtb:

thats the whole thing about it too

taking black off his name isnt changing how good the story is to the point that it would hurt the number of viewers because its just that interesting and unique

but at the same time since its "irrelevant":stopitslime: we shouldnt be editing the black out just because a good amount of people dont like any forms of africans beating down or showing up some of their favorite superheroes it might even get more viewers that way for being controversial

if their can be a thor that represents europeon mythology to the point of saying the asgards are gods why cant their be a dominant black nation with the leader being called black panther

I just see it like this.....Black Panther is a hard sell...if every person thinks like my Coli brehs the studios would have no prob with moving on with the movie....I would love to see a Black Panther if I could make the movie I would....but I also know that to get it done ...I'm gonna have to elimate any ties to the Black Panther movement of the 60's?....calling it The Panther would say to the non comic readers.....that this is strictly a superhero movie with no political ties which = safe

Dirty_Jerz

Ethiop
Daps
Reppin
the evils of truth, and love
I just see it like this.....Black Panther is a hard sell...if every person thinks like my Coli brehs the studios would have no prob with moving on with the movie....I would love to see a Black Panther if I could make the movie I would....but I also know that to get it done ...I'm gonna have to elimate any ties to the Black Panther movement of the 60's?....calling it The Panther would say to the non comic readers.....that this is strictly a superhero movie with no political ties which = safe

ok but the black panther in the comic books and tv series isnt showing black panthers in america that are pan african beating up white people

you say a superhero with no political ties is the safest? you do know that captain america the "icon" is directly associated with WWll and the axis powers and fights against them?

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
ok but the black panther in the comic books and tv series isnt showing black panthers in america that are pan african beating up white people

you say a superhero with no political ties is the safest? you do know that captain america the "icon" is directly associated with WWll and the axis powers and fights against them?

Yup....but if you remember they only mention little about the Nazi party and its ties with the red skull and left it at that....The Cap movie was about him versus Hydra, and that was just a minor change to be safe I guess (besides everybody hates Hitler).......And of course we know as fans what the Black Panther is about.....But what about:merchant: when he sees the teaser poster......Marvel/Disney only goal is to put a product out there thats gonna give them the maximum amount of $ucce$$......You wouldn't drop the "Black" out the tittle to do that????

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
1-Chiwetel-Ejiofor.jpg

I know he's not a star but I think this cat would pull it off well

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
You are assuming alot of shyt and most of it is just not correct. Red Tails was a movie with a majority black cast and it did ok not great but I don't think a white counterpart of that movie would of did much better.

A black panther movie can do well, the history of the movie doesn't mean shyt because most ordinary non comic book people didn't know about thor either. It all depends on how the story is portrayed and how it's marketed, if a studio does a black panther movie and they come out with a hot trailer people will go see it. You are assuming just because the title has black panther in it, it automatically makes it controversial that's simply not true.

Ironically your line of thinking is probably more in line with what an ignorant white producers who would fund a black panther movie is thinking. They don't think that it will sell well to white america when that is just not true. As long as the movie's plotline is not offensive, the story is actually interesting, and the action is exciting people will go see it in my opinon.

You dont think a white war movie would have done that well? Man what planet are you from?

Non-comic fans didnt know who Thor was? Once again where are you from? Thor was in the original Marvel vs. Capcom and was one of the most requested heroes to be added to part 3. You do realize the original Avengers story is one of Thor right? Anyone who even slightly knows something about comics knows about Thor's hammer.

The name Black Panther in and of itself is offensive to a large portion of Americans. To think otherwise is being delusional. It would be akin of Marvel putting out a character called "White Supreme" and trying to sell him to black people. Last voting season there were 2 guys calling themselves the New Black Panther Party outside a voting location and news organizations from CNN to Fox News were airing stories like it was a huge movement and black people all over were intimidating white voters. Man these white people were complaining off that lil shyt, im talking about 2 nikkas. Old ass white women at my job were talking about that non-story.

Not even comic related, how many black movies have been universally supported by white people? Coming to America, Boomerang, Dreamgirls, and what else??? Ray? I dont know but im willing to bet the number isnt higher than 5 and they damn sure didnt cost 100 million dollars to put out.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like I said in another thread, they need to build him up first. He has to be established as an Avenger first. If you put him as a member of the team and build him u to be an Avenger throughout the film, the audience can ease into accepting him.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I touched on this very topic in the original thread. Title the movie T'Challa: The Wakandan Warrior. Naming it this way will prevent some of the animosity that comes with calling the movie Black Panther. The title that I suggested doesn't take away from who he really is. Hell, just name it T'Challa. Any other suggestions?