Judas should've asked JESUS for forgiveness instead of killing himself

HTXBreh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
Don't know how to tell you this, but your objection about the text and Jesus is bullshyt. The text wasn't written FOR you, and J definitely existed.

Don’t know what you mean by 'G-d', so that's a moot point.​
The letter J ironically didn't exist at the time Jesus real name was most like Yashua.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
jesus already told him it would have been better he was not have been born

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I think God is kinda like Bandersnatch. God knows the good ending, the bad ending & the multitude of ways to arrive to either conclusion upfront. The daily choices we make to get there are our own. We probably have several exit options to avoid spiritual death but it’s on us to take them or not. Just my theory.

We can choose to do what we want God already knows the ending of each path.

However there is a path of destiny if we walk in that :wow:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
thats all fine and dandy but acting like Judas had a choice or free will when god has pre destined all of us from our inception seems like a stretch. If god is truly omniscient and all knowing free will doesn't exist, its an illusion if anything.

IRemember Peter also betrayed Jesus by denying him 3 times but Peter repented. Judas could have repented as well but instead he ran off and killed himself

It's like playing a card game We get dealt a hand. And we have no control over the cards we get dealt. It's predetermined.

But we also get to play that hand. We also have free choice. Ultimately, it's the COMBINATION of the hand we're dealt and the way we play it that determines the outcome.

Even in the bible you see, Hezekiah was destined to die on so and so a date but he prayed to God and God extended his life another 15 years

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
according to the narrative jesus was a truly righteous dude who could clearly see what was what. someone who had already been offered everything he could see to modify his message. put yourself in his sandals. do you think once you tell the devil NO he is just going to take his ball and go home? he's coming to tempt the people around you. don't you know your close friends' weaknesses? he said I know this nikka is going to play me out and he did. he probably already forgave him because he knew how he was. its dude that didn't forgive himself that did him in

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
according to the narrative jesus was a truly righteous dude who could clearly see what was what. someone who had already been offered everything he could see to modify his message. put yourself in his sandals. do you think once you tell the devil NO he is just going to take his ball and go home? he's coming to tempt the people around you. don't you know your close friends' weaknesses? he said I know this nikka is going to play me out and he did. he probably already forgave him because he knew how he was. its dude that didn't forgive himself that did him in

yup he told peter that he'd deny 3 times peter said no

Judas could have easily repented asked for forgiveness and continued to preach the good news

Peter denied Jesus
Saul was merking christians
Thomas even doubted JEsus even though he walked amongst

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
In regards to pre determined etc you see esp in the Old Testament the times God was angry and disappointed that that we do have free will.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
IRemember Peter also betrayed Jesus by denying him 3 times but Peter repented. Judas could have repented as well but instead he ran off and killed himself

It's like playing a card game We get dealt a hand. And we have no control over the cards we get dealt. It's predetermined.

But we also get to play that hand. We also have free choice. Ultimately, it's the COMBINATION of the hand we're dealt and the way we play it that determines the outcome.

Even in the bible you see, Hezekiah was destined to die on so and so a date but he prayed to God and God extended his life another 15 years

Beloved ya'll religious folks stay talking in riddles.

So we have a predetermined hand...so no matter what we get that hand. So regardless of what choices we make that hand is the hand. That being free choice is an illusion. AFAIK for god to be the god that is outlined in the bible he has to be omniscient which means he knows who goes to heaven and hell already. we have no choice, you may think you do but according to your own text you really don't. Its already set.

I really don't give two fukks what people believe as long as they are not a detriment to others, and can actually abide by the things they say they follow. Unfortunately most christians are complete hypocrites who sin more than some people who aren't even christians and also talk in circles when you put up any type of tiny argument to poke holes in the text. If ya'll would just go "its blind faith bro" I would have nothing to say but when you try to apply logic to this shyt I can't help but ask questions to try to surmise where youre coming from.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
Beloved ya'll religious folks stay talking in riddles.

So we have a predetermined hand...so no matter what we get that hand. So regardless of what choices we make that hand is the hand. That being free choice is an illusion. AFAIK for god to be the god that is outlined in the bible he has to be omniscient which means he knows who goes to heaven and hell already. we have no choice, you may think you do but according to your own text you really don't. Its already set.

I really don't give two fukks what people believe as long as they are not a detriment to others, and can actually abide by the things they say they follow. Unfortunately most christians are complete hypocrites who sin more than some people who aren't even christians and also talk in circles when you put up any type of tiny argument to poke holes in the text. If ya'll would just go "its blind faith bro" I would have nothing to say but when you try to apply logic to this shyt I can't help but ask questions to try to surmise where youre coming from.
it's not that complicated, and the reason religion is fukked up is because it's out of context

real or imagined, the story of jesus is about a man (like the rest of us) not a god, who lived and died on people freeing themselves from a dominant power structure that did not mean them well. his message became a movement and became a problem. period.

for context just think about what would happen to a man like this today

this man travelled miles and miles with these men and fellowship with them all day and all night. once the devil came to him and he said no, he knew who could be tempted and how, and more than likely when. all it takes is paying attention. no magic needed at all

Last edited:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
it's not that complicated, and the reason religion is fukked up is because it's out of context

real or imagined, the story of jesus is about a man (like the rest of us) not a god, who lived and died on people freeing themselves from a dominant power structure that did not mean them well. his message became a movement and became a problem. period.

for context just think about what would happen to a man like this today

I agree. You can tell the bible is fukking allegorical just from the zany things in the OT...but the prob is peeps act like this stuff is mystical while still being based on some type of logic. I would have zero rebuttal if they were just like "this is what I believe and thats that" I'd actually respect that more.

If were still here in 2000 years hell, scientology might be the dominant religion. I'm sure christianity in its inception was thought of as a cult too.