Judas should've asked JESUS for forgiveness instead of killing himself

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
Ya'll don't realize how little actual sense this makes :ld:

You have to understand that everything Jesus was doing lined up with the Jewish Holy Days. He was always going to die at the time of Passover. Passover is a celebration of spring, of birth and rebirth, of a journey from slavery to freedom, and of taking responsibility for yourself, the community, and the world. They would sacrifice a lamb at a certain time, and Jesus knew He was the sacrificial lamb for all people, so He had to die at a certain time. It was going to happen one way or another, but seeing that Jesus is the Son of God, He already knew how it was going to happen before it happened. Judas was already in on turning Him over to the Sanhedrin at the point of the Last Supper. Jesus just told him to go and get the process started. Judas didn't know they were going to kill Jesus, I don't think. He might have thought they would just throw Him in jail or something.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
JoseLuisGotcha said:
imagine getting chased off your block by a bunch of grade schoolers :mjlol:

i woulda been like Shawn wayans in don’t be a menace

'Children' in the Ancient Roman Empire, were just unmarried females and males below the age of 16. Now, imagine getting chased by a crowd of angry, unmarried females and lanky, teenaged boys all with rocks and sticks and all you got for protection is a toga, some flip-flops, and a staff.​

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
You have to understand that everything Jesus was doing lined up with the Jewish Holy Days. He was always going to die at the time of Passover. Passover is a celebration of spring, of birth and rebirth, of a journey from slavery to freedom, and of taking responsibility for yourself, the community, and the world. It was going to happen one way or another, but seeing that Jesus is the Son of God, He already knew how it was going to happen before it happened. Judas was already in on turning Him over to the Sanhedrin at the point of the Last Supper. Jesus just told him to go and get the process started. Judas didn't know they were going to kill Jesus, I don't think. He might have thought they would just throw Him in jail or something.

thats all fine and dandy but acting like Judas had a choice or free will when god has pre destined all of us from our inception seems like a stretch. If god is truly omniscient and all knowing free will doesn't exist, its an illusion if anything.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
Carrion Flowers said:
thats all fine and dandy but acting like Judas had a choice or free will when god has pre destined all of us from our inception seems like a stretch. If god is truly omniscient and all knowing free will doesn't exist, its an illusion if anything.

You're conflating and confusing terminology. 'Predestination' neither precludes nor invalidates 'free will'. Nor does it conflict with 'omniscience'.​

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville

No, because you still choose what you're going to do everyday right? Nobody's making you do anything you don't want to do right? You can quit that job and go do something else tomorrow. You can move to another part of the world if you want. You have a lot of choices you can make on your own.

The thing is if you choose the wrong side you're lining yourself up with Satan. If you don't choose at all, you're still lining yourself up with Satan because you're just like weeds then and in the way. Weeds get thrown out with the trash.

If you choose the right way you line yourself up with God and nothing can take you away from living eternal life with Him.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
My uncle is a Pentecostal minister. I asked him about this; how Judas can bear any blame since the Crucifixion was meant to be. His explanation was that even though the Crucifixion was meant to be, Judas was not necessary for it to be set in motion. Someone else could and would have sent Jesus to the cross. Judas inserted himself into the process through his own free will.

(As an atheist, I found that explanation less than convincing, but I didn't say anything else).
E9jNDQS.jpg

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Abrahamic religion is beautiful as fukk but its hard to follow. Ive had my Christian friends tell me both that Judas was the great betrayer and an avatar for Satan and that he was literally a part of Gods plan for Christs redemption of Man so he technically is forgiven for being an instrument of God. I dont know which fits better honestly
:mjlol:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
shopthatwrecks said:
god knew everything adam n eve was gone do be4 they did it...n still let em do it...

YHWH didn't 'let' them do it. They CHOSE to do it. Both of them. One was tricked, the other did it knowing it was not correct.​

Knowing 'everything' also means knowing what they would NOT do if given a choice.

There's levels to that whole story that get obfuscated in translation.​

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
YHWH didn't 'let' them do it. They CHOSE to do it. Both of them. One was tricked, the other did it knowing it was not correct.​

Knowing 'everything' also means knowing what they would NOT do if given a choice.

There's levels to that whole story that get obfuscated in translation.​

Simple yes or no. God knows everything before its going to happen correct? And I do mean a simple yes or no because I know youre juts going to attempt to talk in circles otherwise.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
Carrion Flowers said:
Simple yes or no. God knows everything before its going to happen correct? And I do mean a simple yes or no because I know youre juts going to attempt to talk in circles otherwise.

Define 'G-d', otherwise YOU are the one 'talking in circles'.​

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
That’s a matter of causality, it was going to happen but that doesn’t mean Judas should have done it

The resurrection was gonna happen regardless, Judas just inserted himself into the situation. He did not have to.

Maybe akin to you are going to die at some point. But that doesn't mean if you get murdered that your killer should not be punished because your death was meant to be.

lol

god knew everything adam n eve was gone do be4 they did it...n still let em do it...

jesus knew what his potnas gone do ...n still chose them...but jesus wasnt expectin one of em to be a sissy ..bein judas

The-Kiss-of-Judas.jpg

Pretty much

It was written.

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset

I think God is kinda like Bandersnatch. God knows the good ending, the bad ending & the multitude of ways to arrive to either conclusion upfront. The daily choices we make to get there are our own. We probably have several exit options to avoid spiritual death but it’s on us to take them or not. Just my theory.