JRPGS Being Dead Appreciation

Daps
The jrpgs of characters do be on some fukkboi status,most of the time... but the music, atmosphere and story why I fukk with some jrpgs.:yeshrug:

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave

the asian dude in upper left ..... :dead:

The FF7 fandom pisses me the fukk off. I own FF7 on the PS1 and beaten it. It's not that great. It's a good game but come on. People were treating that shyt like it was the 2nd coming of Christ. What about FF6? Xenogears? Valkyrie Profile? Chrono Cross? Those were way better.

Daps
Reppin
Canada
The FF7 fandom pisses me the fukk off. I own FF7 on the PS1 and beaten it. It's not that great. It's a good game but come on. People were treating that shyt like it was the 2nd coming of Christ. What about FF6? Xenogears? Valkyrie Profile? Chrono Cross? Those were way better.

A lot of people think it's great... For a lot of people it's their first RPG. So don't be mad when millions of people go ape shyt over it.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I`m glad they're not as popular, because that means we get more Western RPG's which are 10000x better.

But I don't wanna see anything completely die out, let that nitch fangroup have theirs too
You do realize that the companies that develop JRPGs and WRPGs are different. This means the rise or decline of one has nothing to do with the other. The companies that used to make JRPGs have mostly abandoned console game development and focus on mobile games now. There's a few left but the fall of JRPGs was more related to the collapse of console gaming in Japan than anything else. The Playstation 2 was never properly succeeded so there was no console to put them on and console gaming as a whole took a nosedive in Japan. The Playstation 3 wasn't a worthy successor.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Don't really think it died, in fact its going strong, FFXV has a fukking emo kid with color changing hair...I swear, Fei from Xenogears was the last badass JRPG character that didn't need brightly colored hair (Id excluded).
Its not dead but its in decline. The quality we get these days is far from it's golden era.

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
:cape: For cac RPGs brehs

Jrpg > western any day of the week

But of course, retarded people will glorify the :trash: Bethesda releases

Which is the best any wrpg do can unless we want to talk about the witcher :mjpls: