Jonathan Majors was arrested this weekend in New York City and charged with assault, strangulation, and harassment of a woman

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La

When the news was released, a representative for Majors claimed the actor had "done nothing wrong" and that they were "[looking] forward to clearing his name and clearing this up." Today, his defense lawyer is claiming there's evidence proving the actor is innocent.

"Jonathan Majors is completely innocent and is provably the victim of an altercation with a woman he knows," criminal defense lawyer Priya Chaudhry said in a statement (via Variety). "We are quickly gathering and presenting evidence to the District Attorney with the expectation that all charges will be dropped imminently."

"All the evidence proves that Mr. Majors is entirely innocent and did not assault her whatsoever," Chaudhry added. "Unfortunately, this incident came about because this woman was having an emotional crisis, for which she was taken to a hospital yesterday. The NYPD is required to make an arrest in these situations, and this is the only reason Mr. Majors was arrested. We expect these charges to be dropped soon."

Chaudhry also claims there is video footage from the vehicle where the alleged incident occurred on Friday night in addition to witness testimony from the driver as well as onlookers. Chaudhry also said there are written statements from the woman recanting the allegations.

Might end up being bullshyt but his rep's definitely going to take a hit.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
As far as offenders go, Disney had Robert Downey Jr. and Tim Allen become faces on big franchises under their wing and they even hired a child molester, Victor Salva, to direct one of their films (Powder) so I don't think an assault charge will amount to much when it comes to Jonathan Majors's job. We'll see, though.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
As far as offenders go, Disney had Robert Downey Jr. and Tim Allen become faces on big franchises under their wing and they even hired a child molester, Victor Salva, to direct one of their films (Powder) so I don't think an assault charge will amount to much when it comes to Jonathan Majors's job. We'll see, though.
they wasn't black

THE 101

House Painter
Daps

RDJ was clean for years before he got the Ironman gig :gucci:

Was Tim Allen even acting when he caught that coke charge?

That's a world of difference to being charged while you're currently in the role. Especially with it being related to assaulting a female. They're gonna have feminists, spousal abuse groups, liberal women's rights allies and many more at their neck. If the charges are legit he's done. It's 2023....you ain't surviving something like this as a mainstream star.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
RDJ was clean for years before he got the Ironman gig :gucci:

Was Tim Allen even acting when he caught that coke charge?

That's a world of difference to being charged while you're currently in the role. Especially with it being related to assaulting a female. They're gonna have feminists, spousal abuse groups, liberal women's rights allies and many more at their neck. If the charges are legit he's done. It's 2023....you ain't surviving something like this as a mainstream star.
Well, if people are still willing to go see a Flash movie with Ezra Miller or attend a Chris Brown concert, I think people will still probably be willing to go see an Avengers movie with Jonathan Majors. We'll see. Ya'll may be right, and this will be the end of his career as we know it. :yeshrug:

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
If I were famous I would let my demons out with hookers and wife either a church chick that only wants some kids to raise or an immigrant.

fukk messing with regular or industry chicks.