Reppin
Philly bouls, Trust the Process
full

idk how I feel about a cac tryna speak on brotha's decision tho

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Everything about how the NBA goes about social issues is measured, non-rabble rouser and safe. He waited until the coast was clear and the moment was right instead of letting it be organic like it was for the WNBA and NFL players.

That's on the players, not Silver. They went to the league with these issues and the NBA tried to accommodate them. And I don't know how Silver can "let things be organic" outside of not condemning spontaneous player protests.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
That's on the players, not Silver. They went to the league with these issues and the NBA tried to accommodate them. And I don't know how Silver can "let things be organic" outside of not condemning spontaneous player protests.
Players were himming and hawwing about kneeling for years and never did it.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Racist monuments have come down, the Washington team no longer has a name disrespectful to the Native Americans. There's energy on the side of racial equality that wasn't there prior to the revolts that followed George Floyd's death. Aunt Jemima is in the bushes due to pressure on corporations. To each it's own tho...if you don't think the energy or applied pressure is getting corporations to change that's your opinion...I disagree :manny:
I still can't get over this dude being nourished by this.

This meant nothing to most folks

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Racist monuments have come down, the Washington team no longer has a name disrespectful to the Native Americans. There's energy on the side of racial equality that wasn't there prior to the revolts that followed George Floyd's death. Aunt Jemima is in the bushes due to pressure on corporations. To each it's own tho...if you don't think the energy or applied pressure is getting corporations to change that's your opinion...I disagree :manny:
The energy may have changed, but as of right now... it's literally the only change that's happened that's worth a shyt. No one asked for Jemima or Ben to get pulled off products. We asked for criminal justice reform and for there to be a deep, hard look at the way overpolicing and excessive jailing are being used as a system of control specifically to divide families and deprive largely black men of their agency, their freedom and their rights. Slavery didn't go anywhere, it got a PR team and rebranded itself. And until that discussion is had and actual, tangible changes start to happen... energy don't mean shyt because nothing has actually been done that will ensure next year will be a better year in America for people with melanin.

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]

what the fukk is this dude talking about? :dahell:

nobody said kneeling and putting on a shirt is going to answer anything? it's simply about showing solidarity with the movement and the people on the ground level. it's about giving a hard stance on what side you're on.

just a whole bunch of

full

it's always one mf that gotta go against the grain just to stand out.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Just stop playing the damn anthem I’m not sure how or why it became mandatory...Monday-Friday morning I would stand in formation salute the flag and keep it moving...

it’s nothing mandatory stating that you have to do the anthem prior to an event...it doesn’t represent patriotism or anything.
Seriously. Are we the only first world nation to play it before every sporting event? Even European nations don’t do this unless it’s an international game between the national teams. We don’t need to be reminded that we live in the US before every game.