Jonah Hill only got paid 60k for "The Wolf of Wall Street", movie has grossed $339M

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
:what::snoop: He practically tells you why he took the role, even though the pay was low in the article.

“They gave me the lowest amount of money possible. That was their offer and I said, ‘I will sign the paper tonight. Fax ‘em the papers tonight. I want to sign them tonight before they change their mind. I wanna sign them before I go to sleep tonight so they legally can’t change their mind,” Hill said. He said he wanted to work for Scorsese. “I would sell my house and give him all my money to work for him,” added Hill. “This isn’t what you make money for. You do 22 Jump Street or you do other things, and you can pay your rent. I would’ve done anything in the world. I would do it again in a second … This sh*t isn’t about money. You should do things that you care about.” The movie, Hill, DiCaprio and Terence Winter were nominated for Oscars last week."

Breh got to star and work with Martin "The gawd" Scorsese and had a big role in his film, you don't get a lot of opportunities to do this.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yes I did and I agreed with everything but this part

"So his films rarely break even at the box office."

that is why I posted the list. I wasn't trying to criticize your post, I just wanted to show that most of his movies are financially successful. maybe a half a dozen of them over the last 40 years have broke even or lost money.

I agree with the rest however. DiCaprio is who Scorsese should thank for being able to become the big blockbuster success that he has become in the last 12 years. also you have to consider that even if a movie like "The Avaitor" broke even or made a small amount of profit at the box office, it is still a financial success. the goal of most movies is to at least break even at the box office because they are going to make pure profit on DVD sales, rentals, and network TV rights (which for a movie that did 200M at the box office, it can expect to make at least another 100M afterwards)

I agree. The goal at the Box office is to break even, anything above that is gravy. Lots of movies don't even do that. They normally recoup from ancillary deals. Like TV syndication, DVD sales, etc.

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps
60k? :leostare:

he killed that role. someone should cut him a hefty check. its the right thing to do.....

if I'm Leo and I just raked in let's say $15-25M and Jonah is my dude, I'm gonna break him off a mill just because I can.

ain't noway I would be able to tear up the clubs with him and hang out side by side with him knowing that he basically got paid in food stamps and I woke up in a new Bugatti.

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
By the sounds of it they probably low balled him so he wouldn't take the role and he said fukk that, signed that shyt and sent it through so they couldn't deny him

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps
By the sounds of it they probably low balled him so he wouldn't take the role and he said fukk that, signed that shyt and sent it through so they couldn't deny him

and the suits who have profited tens of millions since the movie came out (and more to come) are laughing all the way to the bank saying

"I can't believe that fat fukk agreed to accept our food stamps offer for this role!"

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
I dont agree with this sentiment at all,i woulda passed,i dont care who the actors and directors are...thats disrespectful even to him esp them knowing it was going to gross hundreds of millions worldwide...

Youre an actor thats what you for a living what you mean its not about money :russ:
It certainly aint about respect cuz they lil brothered ur ass,thats just me..

I would told em to shove that offer somewhere...

He had no leverage, they didn't offer him the role. He was the one begging them for it

yall do realize he was already oscar nominated for moneyball right??

Moneyball came out a little over a decade ago. He's been pretty much been typeasted since then

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She got 70 million off profit participation. She didn't get 70 million to sign on for the film and act in it.

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps
He had no leverage, they didn't offer him the role. He was the one begging them for it

Moneyball came out a little over a decade ago. He's been pretty much been typeasted since then

he was offered the role. yes he desperately wanted it, but if you listened to the interview they spent two months auditioning other actors after his. then they gave him the role.

Moneyball came out a little over a decade ago? ummm yea the book did. the movie came out like 3 years ago mayne

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
he was offered the role. yes he desperately wanted it, but if you listened to the interview they spent two months auditioning other actors after his. then they gave him the role.

Moneyball came out a little over a decade ago? ummm yea the book did. the movie came out like 3 years ago mayne

:snoop: :skip:

Jermio

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If he tried to negotiate, that role would have gone to Bradley Cooper (who auditioned) or somebody else. Hill got a bad deal, but it was pretty much the only way he was going to get that role. And Oscar nominations are worth millions in terms of career prospects. He made the right decision. Who would imagine that that fat fukk from Superbad would have 2 Oscar nominations by 2014?