Jonah Hill only got paid 60k for "The Wolf of Wall Street", movie has grossed $339M

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
I know that moive ain't really cost no damn 100 mil, Leo boosted the numbers on budget and pocketed that bread

:leon: I didn't now they could do this, well Im sure you can. I just never knew how budgets were allocated. The investors don't ask nikkas to show them the receipts?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:leon: I didn't now they could do this, well Im sure you can. I just never knew how budgets were allocated. The investors don't ask nikkas to show them the receipts?

I just learned the game myself and realized this shyt ain't nothing put an excuse for people to give a bunch of money
all the investors care about is getting their money back
shyt reminds me off the good ol days when I was eating off mortgage fraud

I came in trying to sell scripts now I learned how to produce them and kept the bulk of the money
only thing missing from my equation I need a big name actor to get that 100 mil wired to the production account
but I'm working on them plugs right now only a matter of time

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A studio didn't make the film. Granite Films (an independent financier) picked up the 100 million dollar tab. Paramount only distributed the film. And Leo probably gonna cash out around 40-50 million when the box office closes on Wolf, because he produced the film and is getting back end points.

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps
I'm saying though, Jonah Hill ain't never making 50 mil a movie no matter what he does

only people getting that money right now is Tom Cruise, Will Smith, and Downy Jr

Leo ain't even getting that bread, that's why he produced the movie, so he can get that big quap that way

I know that moive ain't really cost no damn 100 mil, Leo boosted the numbers on budget and pocketed that bread

not even Cruise and Smith are making the crazy amounts of money they used to make in years past. Downy Jr. lucked up and landed the Iron Man franchise. that's pretty much the only way to get huge money nowadays unless you get a RARE type of back end deal like Leo did with Inception. dude took little money up front with a loaded back end and ended up making $59M!

"DiCaprio is said to have made $59 million--$59,000,000--from Inception alone, thanks to salary, back-end pay and a cut from DVDs and rentals."

http://www.eonline.com/news/381567/...ey-despite-taking-long-long-break-from-movies

Daps
Reppin
NULL
not even Cruise and Smith are making the crazy amounts of money they used to make in years past. Downy Jr. lucked up and landed the Iron Man franchise. that's pretty much the only way to get huge money nowadays unless you get a RARE type of back end deal like Leo did with Inception. dude took little money up front with a loaded back end and ended up making $59M!

"DiCaprio is said to have made $59 million--$59,000,000--from Inception alone, thanks to salary, back-end pay and a cut from DVDs and rentals."

http://www.eonline.com/news/381567/...ey-despite-taking-long-long-break-from-movies

Will Smith made 100,000 million off Men in Black 3, Decaprio is not in his league at all

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps

I highly doubt Leo took more than $10M up front. a typical Scorsese movie budget is usually around 80-100M anyways. Leo just got some back end points.

however if you want to talk about someone who takes a shytload of money up front, then look no further than Adam Sandler. dude will tell the studio that it cost 60M to put together one of his bullshyt movies that are finished filming within a month, pay all of his friends damn good salaries, and then the public still goes out and makes it a profitable movie. I'm not hating for the dude getting paid and paying his friends, but I guarantee you that his movies could be done for less than $5M.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Will Smith, Tom Cruise, Johnny Depp, Denzel, and Leo are the few left in the 20 million dollar pay day category, for straight acting salaries. But highest earners is the trio of Will Smith, Tom Cruise, and Johnny Depp. They giving Depp 50 million off top for a 5th pirates movie and he gonna get back end money.

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps
Will Smith made 100,000 million off Men in Black 3, Decaprio is not in his league at all

where are you getting your facts from? all I'm seeing is Will Smith was paid $20M for MIB3. I know he also received back end points, but I don't see anything about $100M.

regardless it doesn't matter. guys like Smith and Cruise are in it for blockbuster type of summer hits. they both have made incredible fortunes off of big name franchise films (Men in Black, Mission Impossible, etc.).

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Will Smith made 100,000 million off Men in Black 3
michael-jordan-laughing.gif

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
I dont agree with this sentiment at all,i woulda passed,i dont care who the actors and directors are...thats disrespectful even to him esp them knowing it was going to gross hundreds of millions worldwide...

Youre an actor thats what you for a living what you mean its not about money :russ:
It certainly aint about respect cuz they lil brothered ur ass,thats just me..

I would told em to shove that offer somewhere...

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps
Men in Black 3 grossed $624M on a $215M budget.

that breaks down to a net profit of about $343M (before taxes) because the studio typically sees 55% of the total revenue, the theaters get the other 45%. now take that away from the $215M production budget and you're left with about $128M in profit.

if Will got paid $100M for that movie then good for him, but he would have had to get like damn near 50% of everything (box office and sales/rentals) in order to make that happen. I just don't see it.