Joker Seeks A Revenge Tally Across The Valley | Official Suns (#4) vs. Nuggets (#1) West Semifinals Thread

YOUR WINNER..

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Durant can get turnover prone. He has a high dribble that isn't particularly tight (kinda wide with it), and one if his weaknesses is that he can lose the ball; smaller defenders can pick his pockets because his dribble is high and wide; and he can lapse into errant passes...

So a high turnover game for Durant isn't that unique. For his playoff career he averages 3.3 turnovers to just 4.1 assists. He's had 42 5+ turnover games in 161 games, basically you're good for a 5+ turnover game from him once every 4 games...

Phoenix will take more threes, though...
Yea, his handles aren't that great, i mentioned it in the PHXvsLAC thread. He has a great hesi double crossover that he can put 4s and 5s on skates with but otherwise you don't really want him dribbling though pressure like that. He's more effective if you give him a post entry pass so he can just turn and face-up.

Tho there's a downside to that; the 2018 and 2019 Rockets showed the blueprint that it's better to just let KD iso with his mid-range jumpers because 1. it keeps everyone else stagnant, 2. you're in position to defensive rebound if he misses, and 3. over the course of the game you'll take your 3s over his 2s. And those HOU teams couldn't shoot 3s with the same precision that teams nowadays can.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Yea, his handles aren't that great, i mentioned it in the PHXvsLAC thread. He has a great hesi double crossover that he can put 4s and 5s on skates with but otherwise you don't really want him dribbling though pressure like that. He's more effective if you give him a post entry pass so he can just turn and face-up.

Tho there's a downside to that; the 2018 and 2019 Rockets showed the blueprint that it's better to just let KD iso with his mid-range jumpers because 1. it keeps everyone else stagnant, 2. you're in position to defensive rebound if he misses, and 3. over the course of the game you'll take your 3s over his 2s. And those HOU teams couldn't shoot 3s with the same precision that teams nowadays can.
This is a fact, these are known weaknesses on Durant's game, been known for years. I wish I could recall the names of all the posters on here who said "KD is a perfect basketball player" or "KD has no weaknesses" haha. It was a lot...

Mike Wins

Superstar
Daps
Still expect KD and Booker to go off in a few games and do enough to win a couple

But Phoenix age and lack of depth even more of issue with the altitude, if they gonna win one in Denver it's got to be game 2. Very hard to see them winning game 5 or game 7 up there

jayjon85

Pro
Daps
James Jones should be fired for not getting a quality backup PG for the 3rd year in a row.

Passing on Tyrese Haliburton is continuing to haunt the Suns.
Monty is really the problem. Even if Haliburton got drafted I don't even think he would have got any playing time. Monty never gave Jalen Smith a fair shot who is a good player that could have helped the young core. James Jones also traded for Aaron Holiday who played well in limited opportunities, but Monty had Elfrid Payton playing minutes over him. James Jones has his faults but he's added pieces to this team that Monty refuses to play. Monty is stubborn with his rotation. Monty has Ish Wainright playing minutes over Ross, TJ, and Bazley. Monty had Abdel Nader in the rotation early in the finals tells you all you need to know.

jayjon85

Pro
Daps
Yep and he sucks and he gives no effort...i dont know HOW but you gotta try...You might have to add extras you will have to convince another team thats hes being lazy because he wanted out of Phoenix...but you gotta try...hes holding you back as much as lack of depth is...
Ayton isn't the problem. He is always used as the scapegoat. He actually didn't play bad. He played Jokic well as usual. Jokic shot 3 of 11 when Ayton was guarding him. I don't know why Monty didn't match Ayton's minutes with Jokic's. The perimeter defense is so bad that he always has to be taken out of position to grab defensive rebounds. The team needs to get rid of Monty and CP3 before even thinking about getting rid of Ayton.

Daps
Reppin
Denver
Murray is getting all the flowers this morning and rightfully so but AG’s performance shouldn’t go unnoticed. He was terrific. If he keeps playing like this and is able to hit shots from the perimeter that’s going to put additional pressure on the opposing team’s defense. His attacking the rim was great too.
Suns have a size problem in this series if they’re gonna start okogie or Craig. Nuggets have two big forwards and the suns only have 1. Either MPJ will get to shoot over the top of Booker/okogie/Craig or AG will be able to bully them inside.

jayjon85

Pro
Daps
Suns stay being Suns. From letting Joe Johnson go, from trading Matrix for washed up Shaq, to keeping this fakkit "me no bang in paint papi" on their team when he clearly doesn't want to play in Phoenix anymore.
If he wasn't a starter and Suns bench wasn't non-existent, he'd be put on the bench for the rest of the game after what they just saw. Whatever hope Suns fans had in this dude, it's over.
Ayton was never in a position to get the rebound. He had to help out and contest Brown's shot. You can't expect him to contest shots and grab rebounds. Everyone else on the team has to box out and crash the boards. The rumors of Ayton wanting to leave Phoenix are false. Ayton could have forced his way out if he was unhappy in Phoenix. Ayton played high school and college in Arizona he likes the state.

chkmeout

marshawn lynch handshake
Daps
Ayton isn't the problem. He is always used as the scapegoat. He actually didn't play bad. He played Jokic well as usual. Jokic shot 3 of 11 when Ayton was guarding him. I don't know why Monty didn't match Ayton's minutes with Jokic's. The perimeter defense is so bad that he always has to be taken out of position to grab defensive rebounds. The team needs to get rid of Monty and CP3 before even thinking about getting rid of Ayton.
Bullshyt. Ayton needs hands out on him

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Durant can get turnover prone. He has a high dribble that isn't particularly tight (kinda wide with it), and one if his weaknesses is that he can lose the ball; smaller defenders can pick his pockets because his dribble is high and wide; and he can lapse into errant passes...

So a high turnover game for Durant isn't that unique. For his playoff career he averages 3.3 turnovers to just 4.1 assists. He's had 42 5+ turnover games in 161 games, basically you're good for a 5+ turnover game from him once every 4 games...

Phoenix will take more threes, though...

You on this nikka dikk more than his actual fans

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
Suns have a size problem in this series if they’re gonna start okogie or Craig. Nuggets have two big forwards and the suns only have 1. Either MPJ will get to shoot over the top of Booker/okogie/Craig or AG will be able to bully them inside.
Yeah I can see that being a problem. Hope MPJ recognizes that because I think he’s gonna get some matchups where he has an advantage. If he stays patient and focused he’ll get his opportunities. I thought he was solid last night. Definitely some times where he used his size. i see some bigger games ahead for him. Just needs to stay locked in.