Join me on my journey to fitness.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I'm thinking about going 6 days a week, should I add another leg day?

Not really doing body building, just trying to toned out and cut
Right but your legs are some of your bigger muscle groups. Engaging/working those is going to help you burn more calories.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What do you suggest :ehh:
I'd do something more like

Monday
Chest, triceps, shoulders

Tuesday
Legs

Wednesday
Back Bicpes Traps

Thursday

Legs

Friday

Cardio

or

Monday
Chest, triceps, shoulders

Tuesday
Legs

Wednesday
Cardio

Thursday

Back Bicpes Traps

Friday
Legs
This diet shyt is hard

One day I'll follow it and then the next I find myself eating some pizza, Popeyes, and drinking Pepsi :snoop:

the diet shyt is hard until you learn how to work it. If you wanted to you could go on an all pizza diet, where you ate pizza every day. It has fats, carbs and protein, and eating a slice or 2 every 4 hours would fit right into any 1800 calorie diet.

you just have to learn what to eat and how. honestly a meat lovers or extra pepperoni isn't going to be great for you, try chicken on pizza or philly steak load the bytch up with veggies, i always do peppers, onion and spinach. onions and spinach are great for you and should be eaten as much as possible tbh. 1 slice is probably about 200 calories, eat 2 slices and then 2 slices later on. you feel satiated (satisfied) maybe not full like you sat on your ass and ate a whole pizza but your not supposed to eat yourself into a coma. if you like popeyes get some of their healthy options if they have it, i know kfc has grilled chicken its piff too but honestly those grocery store rotisserie chickens are piff and about the same price.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Just not making noticeable progress :snoop:

The mirror is your best and worst friend.

For the first 6 weeks I would worry to much about it.

The main thing is getting the nutrition dialed in.

There are a lot of helpful people here who have taken different paths. This place can be a resource.

Last edited:

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Can't get rid of these man boobs :mjcry:

Last edited:

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Everyone's body is different but id personally do full body routines that consist of the major compound exercises. You should be focusing on isolation exercises like curls AFTER you establish a solid foundation/body composition. Just my opinion and what worked for me.

My opinion too

This diet shyt is hard

One day I'll follow it and then the next I find myself eating some pizza, Popeyes, and drinking Pepsi :snoop:

cheat days are kinda needed becuase you don't want your brain to go into starvation mode and lower your metabolism.

Not the worst thing in the world

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
My opinion too

cheat days are kinda needed becuase you don't want your brain to go into starvation mode and lower your metabolism.

Not the worst thing in the world
:whoa: No days, one meal

That's a thread for another day however.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Just not making noticeable progress :snoop:

How much weight have you lost so far?

you're actually built a lot like me before I lost all that weight.

before the journey I was 5'8 260 lbs and in the end I got to about 195 lbs with 10% body fat (I had a good bit of muscle mass since I played sports and had been working out since I was 14). I was able to do this in an 8 month process (could've probably did it in 6 if my diet was better)

I went hard. real hard and they're probably some people who would've said that I over trained since i worked out 7 days a week (twice on the weekends). Even pulled my hamstring once in the process since I tried to do HIIT (sprints) within my second month.

First things first, get a good digital scale that can measure your weight to a tenth of a pound. your weight will fluctuate by 2-3 lbs through out the day depending on what you ate or drank but you should be trending down. Also get yourself a body fat calipers because even when your weight stalls for like a week or two the calipers will let you know that you're indeed losing fat. I personally recommend slimguide body fat calipers

Secondly, speaking of drinks, stick to water or unsweetened tea. You don't wanna bombard your body with all that sugar and raise your insulin (which then basically tells your body to store everything as fat :bryan:)

Thirdly I think you need to do more cardio. And by more I mean make it your emphasis until you get to 195 lbs. But definitely try and do some weight training to limit the amount of muscle you lose doing cardio. you'll probably lose about 10 lbs of muscle losing 60 lbs of fat (sorry ain't no way around it mang :manny:)

Fourthly(?), at this point stick to compound movements. isolation exercises are kinda time consuming and at this point you'll get better aesthetics replacing it with cardio. Once you have a good base you can then do the isolation stuff but in the meantime you'll work your triceps with benching and your biceps will get some work whenever you work your back. also squats and deadlifts will go a long way.

For the first 3/4 months my schedule was

sunday morning: cardio (started at 30 minutes for the first month, did 50 minutes through out). I preferred the elliptical because you could increase the resistance and burn more caloris per minute

sunday evening : weight training

monday evening: cardio (started at 30 minutes for the first month, did 50 minutes through out)

tuesday evening : weights

wednesday evening : cardio (started at 30 minutes for the first month, did 50 minutes through out)

thursday evening : weights

friday evening : cardio (started at 30 minutes for the first month, did 50 minutes through out)

saturday morning: cardio

saturday evening : weight training

After about 4 months (or whenever you get to about 195/200 lbs) you're gonna plateau and if you're body is like mine you probably lost some muscle mass in your arms and legs. Why? because your body has now adapted to being able to run long distances as efficiently as possible. You're fighting your lower brain (hypothalamus) at this point and it couldn't give any less of a fukk about your weight loss goals :umad:

to get over the plateau at the 15% body fat hump you're gonna have to replace all of your cardio sessions with H.I.I.T. Fortunately all of hat cardio has prepared you nicely to make it through 10-20 minutes of battle ropes and 10-15 rounds of sprinting.

anyways that's my experience and honestly maybe they're some things I could've done better but hey, it is what it is.

good luck getting to 175 and make sure to get a shyt ton of protein

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
How much weight have you lost so far?

you're actually built a lot like me before I lost all that weight.

before the journey I was 5'8 260 lbs and in the end I got to about 195 lbs with 10% body fat (I had a good bit of muscle mass since I played sports and had been working out since I was 14). I was able to do this in an 8 month process (could've probably did it in 6 if my diet was better)

I went hard. real hard and they're probably some people who would've said that I over trained since i worked out 7 days a week (twice on the weekends). Even pulled my hamstring once in the process since I tried to do HIIT (sprints) within my second month.

First things first, get a good digital scale that can measure your weight to a tenth of a pound. your weight will fluctuate by 2-3 lbs through out the day depending on what you ate or drank but you should be trending down. Also get yourself a body fat calipers because even when your weight stalls for like a week or two the calipers will let you know that you're indeed losing fat. I personally recommend slimguide body fat calipers

Secondly, speaking of drinks, stick to water or unsweetened tea. You don't wanna bombard your body with all that sugar and raise your insulin (which then basically tells your body to store everything as fat :bryan:)

Thirdly I think you need to do more cardio. And by more I mean make it your emphasis until you get to 195 lbs. But definitely try and do some weight training to limit the amount of muscle you lose doing cardio. you'll probably lose about 10 lbs of muscle losing 60 lbs of fat (sorry ain't no way around it mang :manny:)

Fourthly(?), at this point stick to compound movements. isolation exercises are kinda time consuming and at this point you'll get better aesthetics replacing it with cardio. Once you have a good base you can then do the isolation stuff but in the meantime you'll work your triceps with benching and your biceps will get some work whenever you work your back. also squats and deadlifts will go a long way.

For the first 3/4 months my schedule was

sunday morning: cardio (started at 30 minutes for the first month, did 50 minutes through out). I preferred the elliptical because you could increase the resistance and burn more caloris per minute

sunday evening : weight training

monday evening: cardio (started at 30 minutes for the first month, did 50 minutes through out)

tuesday evening : weights

wednesday evening : cardio (started at 30 minutes for the first month, did 50 minutes through out)

thursday evening : weights

friday evening : cardio (started at 30 minutes for the first month, did 50 minutes through out)

saturday morning: cardio

saturday evening : weight training

After about 4 months (or whenever you get to about 195/200 lbs) you're gonna plateau and if you're body is like mine you probably lost some muscle mass in your arms and legs. Why? because your body has now adapted to being able to run long distances as efficiently as possible. You're fighting your lower brain (hypothalamus) at this point and it couldn't give any less of a fukk about your weight loss goals :umad:

to get over the plateau at the 15% body fat hump you're gonna have to replace all of your cardio sessions with H.I.I.T. Fortunately all of hat cardio has prepared you nicely to make it through 10-20 minutes of battle ropes and 10-15 rounds of sprinting.

anyways that's my experience and honestly maybe they're some things I could've done better but hey, it is what it is.

good luck getting to 175 and make sure to get a shyt ton of protein

The details:leon: