Johnny Depp Says He Won't Return To Pirates Of The Caribbean Franchise Even If Disney Pay Him $300M

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Those films got better with age. I used to think they were shameless Indiana Jones rip-offs and would stick my nose up at them, but when Disney Plus dropped, I ended up rewatching them again and I was pleasantly surprised.

I try to watch movies in a vacuum mainly because of those movies and form my opinion after I see them and I felt like you did. Once I saw them I was pleasantly surprised.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
there are a few popular movies I've never seen. pirates of the caribbean franchise is one of those. along with:

lord of the rings
harry potter

Same for me :dead:

Seen MOST of the first Harry Potter.

Half of the first LOTR

I gotta catch up on some of these joints.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
there are a few popular movies I've never seen. pirates of the caribbean franchise is one of those. along with:

lord of the rings
harry potter

The first Pirates movie is legitimately a classic.

2 & 3 are overly long, bloated, and the jokes mostly fall flat.

The other 2 aren’t worth mentioning

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I saw part 1 a few months ago and it’s not a classi. :patrice:

Solid, yeah.
I would have to respectfully disagree
you have to know all the things that film had against it at the time
Pirate films were considered box office poison and money sinks because of how expensive they were to make
Micheal Eisner had no faith in it and the director had to keep talking him out of cancelling it

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I would have to respectfully disagree
you have to know all the things that film had against it at the time
Pirate films were considered box office poison and money sinks because of how expensive they were to make
Micheal Eisner had no faith in it and the director had to keep talking him out of cancelling it
Expectations and politics have nothing to do with the film itself. I saw it when it dropped at the time and didn’t care for it. As an adult I think it’s solid. Not a classic. :ld:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I always remember going to see a movie at the tail end of 2002 and then walking out of the theater and seeing that teaser poster for the first Pirates movie hanging on the wall in the lobby. My first reaction? "Johnny Depp is cool, but this shyt gonna flop. Jerry Bruckheimer must've lost his mind basing a movie off of a ride." Aaaah to young, stupid and dead wrong. :wow: That film actually ended being one of my favorites of the year. It had some great performances, good action scenes, and a score that is underrated IMO. It's just helluva lot of fun. It's aged well like fine rum.

It's a pity none of the other sequels lived up to the first one. They just got too convoluted for their own good although I think Davey Jones is still an impressive CGI character 15 years later.