Reppin
New York
DC is not a shytty city :wtf:
DhgQUPN.png
Now now....

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
The Wizards have a better record than the Kings & Lakers.... But again from a business standpoint Wall has a point. Less games on air means less recognition.
King and lakers are entertaining in fukkery factor. Wizards are plain boring but I don't blame Wall for complaining here. They barely have national TV games and u can't flex that

ade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikka DC is a top 5 market for business...not for basketball.

ain't nobody checkin for them nikkas.

In the John Wall era yea the"ve been in the bottom half of attendance league wide but that's mostly because of the disfunction and mediocrity. People just got tired of the mess. But back in the Arenas/Butler/Jamison days they were top half in attendance. Hell Jordan on the Wizards sold out every game

They just need consistency and a defined style and you'll see people come out to support

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I went to a wizards game at Verizon center a couple weeks ago (sat tenth row from court--free seats, I'm not balling like that) and dead ass caught myself dozing off several times. I was hammered because I came from my office Christmas party but still

Loudest the crowd got was when Drummond missed his first free throw in the 4th q and if he missed the second one everyone would win a free taco Bell taco
@KBadd

El Poyo Loco

Akrassikauda = Black Scorpion
Daps
Reppin
The 5 Boroughs
I'm gonna say the exact same thing I say to jplaya2023 every time: LEAGUE PASS.

First of all, the NBA in general doesn't do many early start time games unless it's on a Sunday. Secondly, NBATV will give you 1, maybe 2 games at night. The league is not gonna bludgeon you with free games all day long. It defeats the purpose of making you pay for league pass.

Most of America isn't that wired into the NBA outside of a handful of teams until the playoffs. Besides, ESPN is wall to wall college hoops on Saturday and ABC for the most part isn't really interested in showing NBA until after all-star break on a Sunday. Otherwise they'll just let ESPN air it. Nobody's worried about Saturday afternoon ratings. That's when people go outside (another reason why they try not to do day games)

You want to know why the NBA on NBC and dikk Ebersol is held in high regard because the when the NBA was on CBS it was the same shyt you see know. The same teams the same matchups how many times are you going to watch Magic vs Bird, Pistons vs Celtics,Pistons vs Bulls.

dikk Ebersol knew their where other good to great players out there and wanted to showcase them in daytime on the weekend and had a good lead in. I can tell you the entire weekend line up.

Teen NBC ---> NBA Inside Stuff ---> NBA On NBC

Because of NBA on NBC the country got to see

Payton Kemp and the Sonics
Stockton Malone and the Jazz
Hakeem and the Rockets
David Robinson and the Spurs
Barkeley and the Suns
Shaq Penny and the Magic
Dekembe and the Hawks/Nuggets
Reggie and the Pacers

Reggie and the Pacers vs MJ and the Bulls was as important as Pacers vs Knicks and Bulls vs Knicks

In the later years of NBA on NBC

Vince TMac and the Raptors
Shaq Kobe Lakers
AI and the Sixers
JWill/Bibby C Webb Kings
Sheed Stoudamire Blazers
Spreewell and the Knicks
Zo and the Heat
KG and the T Wolves
Duncan and the Spurs

They focused on the players and teams who where locally and regionally known but not nationally known so people seen them even if you didn't care for the team NBC made you care for the stars of the teams. They made stars.

That's something ESPN Disney/TNT/League Pass does not do.

This is part of the problem with the NBA they had a good formula and fukked it up being greedy. Stars or mid range guys started leaving for bigger teams and markets because of exposure.

Wall does have a point about that the all star and all NBA team used to mean something people seen you to get a better look at your body of work.

With the decline of cable subscriptions its time that Disney and the NBA put their focus on ABC and making the product and stars of the teams more known outside of Cleveland/GS/OKC/NY/Chi