John Wall complaining about Wizards lack of national TV games

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He stays worrying about the dumbest shyt
It's not dumb though. shyt like this affects him IMMENSELY financially, at least by his logic, unless you think all of the NBA media are diehard basketball viewers who watch League Pass games every night and not just guys who run with ESPN narratives like all of the fans and the Coli. :usure:

Mr. McDowell

The Brotha's Got His Own Money
Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
Don't worry he will be a Spur soon :manny:

Now before I get grilled think about where else is he gonna go?

This would be great, but John isn't taking a penny less than the max, which means his only recourse is to sign a Super Max extension with Washington, then demand a trade. Seems highly unlikely he will outright sign a free agency deal with another team and lose the extra 3% in raises.

The other alternative is being traded at next year's deadline if he indicates he won't resign. Problem is, Spurs have nothing of value to trade for him, so he would have to sign there as a free agent. I honestly don't know what John is going to do, he's very money focused and attention starved.

ade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dude plays in a top 5 market too. It is kind of surprising that the league doesn't prioritize them more. There"s money to be made in that DC market.

I get why Wall is unhappy tho...this is the same type of lack of exposure that cost him a spot on the all nba team. Something that's going to cost him millions on his next contract

Darealtwo1

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Dude plays in a top 5 market too. It is kind of surprising that the league doesn't prioritize them more. There"s money to be made in that DC market.

I get why Wall is unhappy tho...this is the same type of lack of exposure that cost him a spot on the all nba team. Something that's going to cost him millions on his next contract

nikka DC is a top 5 market for business...not for basketball.

ain't nobody checkin for them nikkas.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I might be in the minority but his game is boring to me.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
He got a point. What the league and networks should do but won't do is once NFL season is over is treat the NBA like a weekend event like they do for Christmas and stomp any competition.

Saturday have the middle of the road teams on ABC 1pm AND 3:30 pm

Sunday have the best teams on ABC at those same times

Not everyone has ESPN/TNT and most of America does not pay attention to college ball until March.

It's a win for Disney, the league, the owners and the players.

I'm gonna say the exact same thing I say to jplaya2023 every time: LEAGUE PASS.

First of all, the NBA in general doesn't do many early start time games unless it's on a Sunday. Secondly, NBATV will give you 1, maybe 2 games at night. The league is not gonna bludgeon you with free games all day long. It defeats the purpose of making you pay for league pass.

Not everyone has ESPN/TNT and most of America does not pay attention to college ball until March.

Most of America isn't that wired into the NBA outside of a handful of teams until the playoffs. Besides, ESPN is wall to wall college hoops on Saturday and ABC for the most part isn't really interested in showing NBA until after all-star break on a Sunday. Otherwise they'll just let ESPN air it. Nobody's worried about Saturday afternoon ratings. That's when people go outside (another reason why they try not to do day games)

The Fire

way more chemical than political
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
only on here is saying your team deserves to be shown more looked down.

Wall does it & he petty
Jordan does it & he competitive...the little stuff fuels him

Also add in the money structure...I can't knock Wall for speaking out. PSA...every time you speak out doesn't mean you're mad or upset brehs
Dont nobody wanna see sub-500 teams on tv. He should work on his game first because he's not as good as he thinks he is

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
D.C. is just an awful hoops town it's crazy given the talent that comes out that region

:mindblown: