John Stockton was a lowkey Thug on the Basketball Court

Imyremeshaw

كن التغير الذي تريد أن تراه في العالم
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Youre just name dropping to name drop now. John Stockton was extremely dirty and was known for it.

Pippen as dirty? :childplease:
Olajuwon? :childplease:
Horry :childplease:
Horry was definitely dirty, I hate big shot Bob, how many picks this guy set with leaving his leg out? WAY too many..

Pippen was known for overplaying on his man defense, it's why Jordan is a better man defender, Pippen is a better team defender...

Olajuwon is best defender out the bunch, but there's a reason Robinson was looked as better player and defender prior to there 1995 match up
He gambled alot for steals and blocks especially when he was undersized

What I'm trying to say is what makes Stockton or Malone more dirty defenders than those 3 that you pointed out? Truly nothing, they all used tricks of the trade to further there careers...

A better question, would you call shooters that bait their defenders into leaning into them during their jumpshots(aka Kobe, Durant, current NBA players) dirty players?

These were similar same tactics , whether on offense or defense used by Stockton and Malone plus those 3 players you pointed out...

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Horry was definitely dirty, I hate big shot Bob, how many picks this guy set with leaving his leg out? WAY too many..

Pippen was known for overplaying on his man defense, it's why Jordan is a better man defender, Pippen is a better team defender...

Olajuwon is best defender out the bunch, but there's a reason Robinson was looked as better player and defender prior to there 1995 match up

What I'm trying to say is what makes Stockton or Malone more dirty defenders than those 3 that you pointed out? Truly nothing, they all used tricks of the trade to further there careers...

A better question, would you call shooters that bait their defenders into leaning into them during their jumpshots(aka Kobe, Durant, current NBA players) dirty players?

These were similar same tactics , whether on offense or defense used by Stockton and Malone plus those 3 players you pointed out...
Stockton was intentionally elbowing and kneeing players. NBA players always mention Stockton as one of the league’s dirtiest players. Never heard that about Pip, MJ, Hakeem, or Horry.

Imyremeshaw

كن التغير الذي تريد أن تراه في العالم
Daps
Reppin
NULL
/Horry was definitely dirty, I hate big shot Bob, how many picks this guy set with leaving his leg out? WAY too many..

Stockton was intentionally elbowing and kneeing players. NBA players always mention Stockton as one of the league’s dirtiest players. Never heard that about Pip, MJ, Hakeem, or Horry.

Cheap shot Rob are you serious:mjlol:

foxsports.com/watch/1156799555705

Also, notice you didn't answer my question in the bolded chief....

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Cheap shot Rob are you serious:mjlol:

foxsports.com/watch/1156799555705

Also, notice you didn't answer my question in the bolded chief....
I don’t have to answer your pivot. Argue with NBA players who always ranked him as one of the league’s dirtiest players instead of me. I’m going by THEIR experiences

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps

Zeke torched Stockton after he got selected over him for the Olympics 1:10 mark Stockton did some dirty shyt to Rodman

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
which is why he typically failed in the playoffs, because those favorable whistles disappeared, and his numbers started to drop

Also, their offense was basic as hell - they ran the pick-and-roll 40 times a game and banked on the fact that 80s-90s defenders didn't have specific schemes or practice switching like that so they combat it.

But once you get into a playoff series, by Game 3 you start to get a rhythm for how to switch even if you don't have a particular scheme, and so their offensive efficiency would fall apart.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Dirty player who used to get a massively favorable whistle in Utah. I remember how he'd use his off-hand while dribbling to hook the defensive player's arm and then pretend the defender was holding him to draw a cheap foul. Those hands were active as hell on both ends of the court, always pulling on jerseys and tugging at elbows when the refs weren't looking to gain a little advantage.

Favorable whistle

And favorable scorekeeping, probably scorekeepers gave him 2-3 fake assists a game