John Lynch and Brian Dawkins being HOF finalists over Steve Atwater

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Ron Santo

:beli:
Skins fans were the first to cry that Monk didn’t get in soon enough knowing he was only as high as 1st team all pro once in his career and made it on longevity more than dominance

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Redskins-Art-Monk-HOF-1.jpg

look at that mustache. it pops :wow:

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Atwater deserves it. Its a shame the Broncos don't have more players in the HOF. Put him on Pittsburgh or Green Bay and he wouldve been in years ago.

Hopefully he makes it. Now that only leaves Mecklenberg and Gradishar.
:jbhmm: Yeah so how's that working out for LeRoy Butler?

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Let’s not act like? Exactly what are we “acting like?”

He put up better numbers in a shorter period of time and led super bowl defenses. No one is “acting like” anything other than knowing he should be in before either of them

And act like it’s not an argument to those two being Inducted

All 3 men have been on super bowl teams, saying he lead the defense is a misnomer, he was a part of the defenses, just like the other two, i think the leg up for dawk and lynch is their post career involvement, so it leaves their respective legacies more fresh on the writers minds.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
And act like it’s not an argument to those two being Inducted

All 3 men have been on super bowl teams, saying he lead the defense is a misnomer, he was a part of the defenses, just like the other two, i think the leg up for dawk and lynch is their post career involvement, so it leaves their respective legacies more fresh on the writers minds.
And I thin their post career involvement has zero to do with who was the bigger impact player. Atwater was no doubt better than Lynch in both coverage and a volume tackler. He wasn’t surrounded by HOFamers like Lynch. His wait shouldn’t be longer than Lynch’s. I have no problem with Dawkins being first ballot.

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Ronde and rice have better cases for the hall if we are talking about that bucs team. Honestly rice might have been the best pass rusher of his generation

The greatest pass rushers of the last 30 years

“The next names have a more modern flair, and I’ll be honest, caused some head scratching on my part. Rice is an interesting guy: he was basically done after his tenth season, recording only three more sacks after turning 32. And he spent the first five seasons on miserable Cardinals teams, that had two borderline Hall of Famers on defense and little else on the roster. But Rice had a dominant prime: three times from ’99 to ’04 he ranked 2nd in the league in sacks. From ’98 to ’05, he was the only player to record 100 sacks. But what’s interesting about Rice’s production is that among elite pass rushers, no player faced fewer pass attempts.

Simeon Rice got to the quarterback on the rare occasion when his opponents passed.

From ’01 to ’06, the Bucs ranked in the bottom 8 in pass attempts faced each season. During his Cardinals days, Arizona ranked in the bottom five in pass attempts faced three different times. Rice doesn’t have extremely impressive career totals, but he’s one of just 8 players to record double digit sacks in 8 seasons since ’82. Considering the low number of pass attempts he faced, that production was enough to vault him into the fourth spot on the list”

Daps
Those were three great safeties. How is Darren Woodson not even up for consideration? Dawkins should definitely go in first....but Lynch, Atwater and Woodson should all be up right after him.

1,350 tackles
23 interceptions
17 forced fumbles
11 QB sacks