John Lynch and Brian Dawkins being HOF finalists over Steve Atwater

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I respect all three. I'm proud that all three also played for Denver.

:yeshrug:

Wore 27 in college because of Atwater. Watching him play in the Super Bowl against Green Bay... you could tell he was wanting a ring almost as much if not more than Elway. All 3 will get in eventually. IMO it goes...

Atwater
Dawkins
Lynch

Broad Street Bully

Sick & Tide Sixers/Phillies/Cowboys fan smh
Daps
Reppin
Philly. Fucc a Eagle. I mean dat.
You’re gonna act like Lynch wasn’t shyt and blame the coli for your crappy script writing
Look at the posts in this thread and look at the daps in agreement and tell me what you see. A bunch of “he was just good, he was meh” posts. “Script writing” :heh:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Look at the posts in this thread and look at the daps in agreement and tell me what you see. A bunch of “he was just good, he was meh” posts. “Script writing” :heh:

He was good. What’s the problem in that? I also think out of the three, he was the least versatile and fixed to the Tampa 2. I don’t think he’s in the discussion if not in that defense and surrounded by two other HOFers in Sapp and Brooks (possibly Ronde).

Honestly, Dawkins I can see being first ballot because he was a turnover causing machine. But Atwater could roam, play box safety and LB. dude had five 100 tackle seasons on good defenses. He could do more than Lynch.

Broad Street Bully

Sick & Tide Sixers/Phillies/Cowboys fan smh
Daps
Reppin
Philly. Fucc a Eagle. I mean dat.
He was good. What’s the problem in that? I also think out of the three, he was the least versatile and fixed to the Tampa 2. I don’t think he’s in the discussion if not in that defense and surrounded by two other HOFers in Sapp and Brooks (possibly Ronde).

Honestly, Dawkins I can see being first ballot because he was a turnover causing machine. But Atwater could roam, play box safety and LB. dude had five 100 tackle seasons on good defenses. He could do more than Lynch.
That’s cool and I agree with you on both points, especially the Brian Dawkins point. I’m on record saying rivalry aside that he’s one of my favorite players of all time, but I’m only replying to the posts I see in this thread thoroughly discrediting Lynch simply because he’s white and they know they gonna get daps off it. It’s corny. All three deserve to get in and will get in eventually.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Not to mention Brian Kelly actually held it down more than Lynch did on that SB team.

NYC Rebel

Daps
I respect all three. I'm proud that all three also played for Denver.

:yeshrug:

Wore 27 in college because of Atwater. Watching him play in the Super Bowl against Green Bay... you could tell he was wanting a ring almost as much if not more than Elway. All 3 will get in eventually. IMO it goes...

Atwater
Dawkins
Lynch
Atwater wanted to die on the field that game. :russ:

He was running through ANYTHING that moved.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Order of protocol matters. Steve shouldn’t have had to wait longer than Lynch. He was a superior player
Meh, once they all get in, they are in. Dosen't matter when.

I think Atwater eventually get in, and I do not believe Lynch will get in this go round either.

The HOF disrespects defensive backs unless you were a highlight package DB like Deion Sanders or Ed Reed or played at a high level forever like Darrell Green. It is especially true for safeties.

I am just hoping they put some respeck on Joe Jacoby and he finally gets into the HOF.

NYC Rebel

Daps

I think Atwater eventually get in, and I do not believe Lynch will get in this go round either.

The HOF disrespects defensive backs unless you were a highlight package DB like Deion Sanders or Ed Reed or played at a high level forever like Darrell Green. It is especially true for safeties.

I am just hoping they put some respeck on Joe Jacoby and he finally gets into the HOF.
It does matter. Art Monk deserved his long wait because at only one point in his career was he head and shoulders above his peers. And for the record, Darrel Green is one of the most overrated corners in NFL history.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
And for the record, Darrel Green is one of the most overrated corners in NFL history.
62495b1d-e55e-4396-8609-043be9601483.jpg

:mjgrin:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Ron Santo

:beli: