Joe Budden Podcast episode 268 - "Go listen to Episode...."

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Rory thinking Beans would wash KRS shows how young he is.

Like Joe said that’s the wrong legend to pick. KRS is one of the only legends from the 80s that maintained his legacy through the 90s putting out great projects.
Nelly washed KRS1 bruh

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They definitely read the Coli because Joe brought up Bey and Jay always dropping the same time Nas does. Lmao.

i get the "read the coli" argument(s)... but if you're a fan of all three artists and are the type to check new music the day it drops, you probably figured this out all on your own. it's not that deep, just sayin'. :yeshrug:

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Joe’s oldest son doesn’t know who Redman is. That’s wild
I don't get people giving a pass on some "he wasn't born when he was hot" shyt.

I wasn't born when all the old rock legends were dominating, I still know who they are and a song or two from them.
I wasn't born when the early 80s rappers were out, still know them. Wasn't born when Wilt and Kareem were dominating, still know them.

It has everything to do with ignorance and lack of interest for the genre and less to do with age.

Maude

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Midwest

Like Joe said that’s the wrong legend to pick. KRS is one of the only legends from the 80s that maintained his legacy through the 90s putting out great projects.
I aint took a Rory opinion serious after he said something along the lines of he didnt understand Dilla's impact.
You can tell he became a fan of hip-hop during the rocafella era and never studied the pioneers. Which is crazy cause he from ny and its so accessible to him:snoop:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
i get the "read the coli" argument(s)... but if you're a fan of all three artists and are the type to check new music the day it drops, you probably figured this out all on your own. it's not that deep, just sayin'. :yeshrug:
I'm kiddin man. I don't know or care if he reads threads on here or doesn't bro.

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
Listen.... Black Thought is in my top 3 MCs of all-time but Redman in his prime got the W over Black Thought and Beans. Redman was an alien in his prime.

Right now tho? If you put both of them in a cypher Thought got that easily and the scary part is he's only getting better with time.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Listen.... Black Thought is in my top 3 MCs of all-time but Redman in his prime got the W over Black Thought and Beans. Redman was an alien in his prime.

Right now tho? If you put both of them in a cypher Thought got that easily and the scary part is he's only getting better with time.

Redman >>> Black Thought. Black Thought is a dope ass straight spitter but Redman isnt a slouch with straight spitting but he also got other factors like humor and he has the capability to be unorthodox as hell.

raw613

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
602 via 410

And Krs was battle tested and always known for getting busy with that, track for track Beans has a chance, but two people battling live Krs is taking that, I love Beans, but breath control alone I gotta go with Kris, Rory is knowledgeable when it comes to mid 90s and up, but I dont think he is old enough to fully appreciate certain shyt before that, I was too young to remember bridge is over being current, but it was still getting play and getting interpolated by everyone we loved in the 90s, shyt i remember hearing mcs act like you dont know thinking he would still kill, he missed the cut off tho, if he was born 5 years earlier he would look at differently

raw613

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
602 via 410
Redman >>> Black Thought. Black Thought is a dope ass straight spitter but Redman isnt a slouch with straight spitting but he also got other factors like humor and he has the capability to be unorthodox as hell.
Redman if we talkin all around, he was my in my top five at a certain point, Black thought never had a wack verse tho so in a battle him winning isnt far fetched, neither would die

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I aint took a Rory opinion serious after he said something along the lines of he didnt understand Dilla's impact.
You can tell he became a fan of hip-hop during the rocafella era and never studied the pioneers. Which is crazy cause he from ny and its so accessible to him:snoop:
Y'all Dilla fans is hilarious. Might be the most overrated hip-hop figure ever. And I'm damn near 40 and check out everything. He's straight but not this undeniable hip-hop figure some paint him out to be.

And Rory actually made me laugh this week saying Joe ain't helping the gay rumors talking about how the power of dikk is way more powerful than the power of p*ssy.