Joe Budden - All Love Lost (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Album knocks HARD.
The production is fantastic BUT I do kinda feel there's a sameness to the production
which can make songs feel like they're blending right into the next in the wrong way.
Lots of breakdowns, guitar solo's, and several verses which leads to songs that definitely clock over 5 minutes.

With that said, the rhymes epitomize a pouring out of ones soul and is an
extension of the artistic path he's been forging for a while now.
Eschewing attempts at getting a party jumping and instead choosing to pen up
autobiographical raps that avoid the "Syllable shyt" and express feelings that are universal.

That isn't to say he isn't nice with the pen, in fact, Joe budden has proven
himself several times over as a member of slaughterhouse with several memorable
verses that show should he choose to he can indeed black out.

I'll say this though, despite the sentiment expressed in this thread to me, this isn't a necessarily a return to form, this is Joe Budden doing what Joe Budden does best albeit in a much slicker more well produced package than what we're typically used to.

This is a fantastic album that only adds to his rather impressive discography.

Songs I'll cotinue to promptly skip :
Broken, the only song on this album I've skipped consistently.
The production, the hook, it all screams "Hey! Play me lots of times on the radio !".
The lyrics are great but I feel Eminem has made this song one to many times and I
don't want to hear Joe buddens take on it.

Songs I'll return to : Every. Other. Song.

Strong album, one of the best of 2015 which has admittedly been
a very, very strong year. IMO.

Last edited:

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
finally listened to this last night...Buddens best "official" album.

raps are A1 (although there was a certain delivery on a few joints that annoyed me, his style on Broke) not much variation in beats but it suited Budden on here, it's cohesive, over indulgent in parts (the goofy guitar solo's), Broke is one of the worst things i've heard this year and i'm not interested in some letter to Eminem but the rest is good money for the most part...the hooks are hit and miss..Love I'm Good, Love For You (one of the best beats Budden has ever rapped over) are fantastic.

Dirty D

Vikes & Raptors 4 Life
Daps
Reppin
The 6
That second verse on Only Human is some crazy shyt.

Feel like I've caught this albums wavelength now, gonna play it over the weekend and see how it holds up.