Job Opening that pays you $160k+ a year! (Serious thread)

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
You know most of the brehs (myself included) over 31 :flabbynsick:
I get this everytime I post this, and my response is to tell younger brehs about this

You got a nephew or cousins who is younger and doesn't know what they want to do in life? Pass this along. Got a family friend? Throw them this link. Get the younger brehs in here

OnlyOneBoss

Superstar
Daps
Is it stressful?

Ehh depends

My homeboy did ATC when we were in the Air Force, we were at a slow base though so he said most days he was chillin. The only real hectic days for him were when we hosted exercises and shyt like that.

But they can only work max hours a week and I think they’re required to take an hour break. And they only worked 3 days a week :banderas:

Honestly it’s probably the best job in the military(or tied with command post), I can’t speak on the civilian side tho

Mike_Pipeson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
HTX
Saw ATC and already know I'm way too old. Thought about it in my 20s tho.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
It's deceptive because the average person (even if of age) can't do this job honestly.

You will wait for an email and set up a time for a test that you need to pass in order to get to the next step.. in this test there is basically a bunch of "games" and math problems that you need to do well on. Things like "separating multiple dots on a screen while also doing math problems".. and "memorizing 10 sets of numbers in order", etc. etc.

If you score high enough.. you then get an offer letter to go to Oklahoma City for 3-4 months (paid) for the FAA Academy where they teach you how to do the job in a smaller way. This part is actually pretty difficult. Won't sugar coat this part, but generally around 50% of the people who come here don't pass..... HOWEVER from what I've read they've done a much better job of being able to pass people on a more consistent basis, while also being able to pocket 3-4k while you're down there.
They basically going to give you an IQ test at the start to filter most people out.

The people who have this job in the military also were given that job because they were proven capable of doing it or tested into it and someone seemed it be the best fit for their talent.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
It's deceptive because the average person (even if of age) can't do this job honestly.

They basically going to give you an IQ test at the start to filter most people out.

The people who have this job in the military also were given that job because they were proven capable of doing it or tested into it and someone seemed it be the best fit for their talent.
I wouldn't say that at all. I know people who worked at McDonalds or a warehouse job and did this job better and became certified over those who had 4 yr degrees. It really is subjective in terms of being able to do this job

I hate this narrative that black men can't do this job tho, simply because they feel it's too "hard" or they aren't smart enough.

They do give you a test at the beginning of this whole process tho that part is true, and you need to score a certain amount in order to get an offer letter. They are expanding their search in this panel probably due to the lack of controllers over the past 3-4 years thanks to COVID

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Bump for the weekend lurkers

There’s a guy that does a good AMA on this subject from Reddit also

We just had our union elections with a new President.. pay being #1 on the list for basically every member. Idk how it will play out but everyone has gotten a big pay raise except for ATC. So (hopefully) expect the pay to increase

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/s/LLltOchQLi

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It is only really stressful when you're learning it.

I'll put it to people like this, if your training you feel like your brain is moving 100 MPH and you want to do everything right and correct. Everyone does certain things differently, and being told your way is wrong and to do it a different way is probably the stressful part. Molding to what training is is hard, and is by far the hardest part of this job

As far as when you're done and checked out.... it really can only get stressful and annoying on bad weather/ride days. Otherwise it is relatively easy

For me, because of all the training I've been stuck on the "hard" sector for large parts of my day and I get annoyed being there all day because every pilot complains about the same rides after I just told them. "Continuous Light chop all altitudes, you'd have to go as low as FL260 for a better ride"... "OK center, hows the ride at FL320?".... Did you not just hear what I fukn said?! :what:

On a day to day basis no it isn't as stressful as people say. Most days, the hardest part is showing up to work. I have so much sick leave and annual still saved up, every day I tell myself it'd be so easy to call out. 90% of the time it is easy... which is all relative
That has to be a dam pain lol

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
That has to be a dam pain lol
Happens so much I’m used to it.. very frustrating

A lot of times I’ll say it and they will just continue flying along and then suddenly “Center we’re getting into some chop…” no chit I literally told you that when you checked on

Most of the time the major airline pilots are good tho.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
I JUST turned 30 lol. I dont need no type experience or degree? All I got is a high school diploma and almost 10 years of USPS work history