Jimmy Kimmel introduces DACA opponents to Dreamers

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
Undesirable to who specifically?

If they are willing to contribute to our society through taxes, military, free enterprise and other aspects because they literally only know this country as their home how is that detrimental?
Breh...this is madness. There are literally billions of people who would be willing to contribute to America in exchange for citizenship. The idea that they should all be allowed to enter the country illegally and have their child automatically be granted citizenship as long as they can evade the authorities long enough for their kids to grow up here would absolutely logistically annihilate the country. No other country on the planet has an immigration system as insane as that.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Breh...this is madness. There are literally billions of people who would be willing to contribute to America in exchange for citizenship. The idea that they should all be allowed to enter the country illegally and have their child automatically be granted citizenship as long as they can evade the authorities long enough for their kids to grow up here would absolutely logistically annihilate the country. No other country on the planet has an immigration system as insane as that.
How is it any crazier than your child having the right to citizenship because they were born on us soil?

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
Do you believe that children who are brought to the country illegally should be automatically granted citizenship?
No. I believe a less complicated path to naturalized citizenship should be made available to persons brought here as children and who spend their lives here.

The idea that they should all be allowed to enter the country illegally and have their child automatically be granted citizenship as long as they can evade the authorities long enough for their kids to grow up
:deadrose:

*gets an education, gets a job, pays taxes, contributes positively to society*

"HE'S EVADING THE AUTHORITIES!!!":damn:

Welcome to America.
"It's impossible to change the situation. It cannot be done. DON'T TRY, STOP TRYING, HELP! THEY'RE TRYING!!!!":damn:

Piff Huxtable

Delaney 2020,2024,2028...
Daps
Profasi using fake quotes doesn't change the fact that it's #HYON from here on out

King Kreole

Daps
How is it any crazier than your child having the right to citizenship because they were born on us soil?
Because you can regulate birth tourism easier than you the other option. And it still maintains a nation's right to its borders and their legality. The other option is blatantly flouting the very idea of borders or a nation, and encourages illegal immigration. Which is fine is you're a Marxist, but then you have to accept all the effects that come from holding that position.

King Kreole

Daps
No. I believe a less complicated path to naturalized citizenship should be made available to persons brought here as children and who spend their lives here.
Irrespective of the legality of how they were brought here? I too am in favour of a less complicated path to naturalization, but that path cannot include routine breaking of immigration law. Otherwise, you're just going to encourage more illegal immigration. I believe all nations has the right to control the flow of immigration into their borders, and telling people that an acceptable path to citizenship is to break the law and just wait it out is bad policy in my opinion.

:deadrose:

*gets an education, gets a job, pays taxes, contributes positively to society*

"HE'S EVADING THE AUTHORITIES!!!":damn:
Undocumented immigrants that have been in the US since childhood do have to evade authorities, and to mock the anxiety and limited opportunities they have by suggesting they're not evading authorities is disrespectful breh. They are not legal citizens, and do not have the peace of mind that legal citizens do. They get educations, get jobs, pay taxes and contribute positively to society, but all under the anxiety of non-legal status because their presence is in violation of the law. The question is, what do we do about it now and how do we amend the immigration system so this doesn't happen in the future. I think all the currently DACA eligible people should be given a path to legal citizenship, but the future fix isn't to just open the borders of the US (especially considering the climate change induced mass migrations that are coming in this century), nor can illegal immigration be a viable path to citizenship.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
:ohhh:this probably one of the greatest displays of mental gymnastics I've seen on this site.
Milton Freidman said it best when he stated “a government can either have wellfare or it can have open borders but it cannot have both”.
Pragmatically, the wellfare state in its entirety is not something that will be radically ended anytime soon, so if it is to exist (as it must) open borders must be closed... and here we are.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i never thought the dude from the man show would be the most progressive guy on late night television. :obama:

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
He's been gradually getting more political, something changed in him that made him care.
It's welcome.
Everybody is getting more political

He is just going along with it

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
I completely agree, they are getting fukked and it isn’t “fair”.
:yeshrug:But it happens... life isn’t fair. People suffer windfall losses all the time.

Welcome to America.

Couldn't you use this exact argument for granting DACA recipients, or any immigrant who came here illegally, citizenship or amnesty?

Like, "Yeah I know you've been applying for citizenship for a decade, Mr. Smith, but Juan overstayed his visa so there's no more room for you. Sorry, life isn't fair."