Jimmy Butler traded to Philly for Robert Covington and Dario Saric. Jimmy plans to re-sign.

Where will Jimmy land?

• New York

Votes: 71 26.6%
  • LA clippers

Votes: 39 14.6%
  • Brooklyn

Votes: 38 14.2%
  • Miami

Votes: 67 25.1%
  • Other

Votes: 77 28.8%

• Total voters

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
doesn't hurt to try, we will see how desperate the Wizards are:mjgrin:. I am not sure what Beal's market is

Since last season, he's been their best player and he's now an all star player. Great scorer and he can shoot. Won't kill you on defense.

The only issue with moving Beal would be his contract since he's getting $128M over 5 years.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
i dont see how twolves lost

you get rid of a malcontent on your team who was leaving anyways
you get saric who is only 24 and avg 15 and 7 last year and can shoot the three
you get covington who was all nba defensive team last year and will give you like 13 and 6 tough d and will shoot 3s

also gives them depth because their bench was kind of poor

can throw out
towns/saric/covington/wiggins/rose

have a bench of dieng/gibson/ tolliver/ okogie/teague

as well they saric is on a rookie deal still and covington deal is oly like 12 mill a year so tradeable assets as well

The deal may look bad on paper, but they gave themselves lots of flexibility.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Literally been one year :mjlol:

I do know LaVine averaging 27 a game

Ohhhhhhhhh player scores lots on lotto team .... :blessed:

Tim Hardaway Jr scoring 24ppg look out New York y’all got a new goat in town according to Basketball expert @ISO logic

Lou Williams a surefire franchise cornerstone since he scored 23 a game last year according to hoops genius @ISO yall

:mjlol:

I do know Dunn was ranked among the best defensive guards in basketball last season
“Ranked among the best defenders” after a whole 50 games starting while being a net negative brick layer on offense :hula:Winning First Team ALL NBA Defense while shooting 37% from 3

Hmmmmmmmm... :mjlol:

Coli Basketball Experts Y’all

I do know Markannen coming off an All-NBA Rookie First Team and coming back jacked

Dario Saric was also All Nba Rookie First Team Einstein :mjlol:

Please Stop quoting me with your goofy ass babbling... got damn

Gyasi85

Superstar
Daps
they also gave up the cat who might be an all star this year and MIP in lavine as well.

wolves got fleeced
on the :butler: deal in hindsight.

:why:

JgMC.gif

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
It's a decent trade for minny bit passing on 4 1st is all time dumb.

The rockets cant trade back to back firsts, so youre passi g on picks in the 2020s where they will be older, worse and in cap hell

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
Lol .naw nikka .butler was not fine in Minnie . That's the issue.
You playing with a 7 foot rondo . He has to have the ball if you play him. I see embiid and butler bucking heads over touches .
Wait til butler waves him out the post.

I'll concede on how Butler fit in on Minny since I didn't really watch them, but his numbers looked fine. I assumed it was just a chemistry/organization issue + disappointment in Wiggs and KAT that made him want to leave. Still don't think Simmons or Joel need the ball for a very long time to be effective.

Simmons isn't anywhere near as ball dominant as Rondo. Actually, I'd say he's even little too eager to give up the ball up sometimes.
Embiid is gonna want it from time to time but I think he's carrying more of an offensive load than he really needs to right now since there aren't any other reliable scorers on the team.

No reason Jimmy shouldn't be able to eat since he'll be the only one outside of Joel that can reliably get his own buckets

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
It's a decent trade for minny bit passing on 4 1st is all time dumb.

The rockets cant trade back to back firsts, so youre passi g on picks in the 2020s where they will be older, worse and in cap hell

Thibs Knows he's gone, why would he care about FUTURE potential when he wont be around to reap the benefits?