Jimmy Butler traded to Philly for Robert Covington and Dario Saric. Jimmy plans to re-sign.

Where will Jimmy land?

• New York

Votes: 71 26.6%
  • LA clippers

Votes: 39 14.6%
  • Brooklyn

Votes: 38 14.2%
  • Miami

Votes: 67 25.1%
  • Other

Votes: 77 28.8%

• Total voters

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
NOT A GREAT TRADE FOR EITHER TEAM...

PHILLY LOSES 2 MORE SPOT UP GUYS
AFTER LOSING BELI AND ILLY....

SIMMONS CANT SHOOT,
SO HOW IS HE GONNA MESH WITH
AN ISOLATION PLAYER LIKE BUTLER
WHO WILL TAKE THE BALL OUT OF HIS HANDS?

THEY SHOULD HAVE MOVED SIMMONS
IN A MULTI TEAM TRADE
AND BROUGHT IN MORE DEPTH
OR EVEN GOT TEAGUE.

WHAT DOES MINNY NEED SARIC FOR?

THEY SHOULD HAVE TRIED TO BRING IN A TRUE CENTER
AND MOVE KAT TO THE 4.
:devil:
:evil:

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
Can't believe Minny didn't get a 1st rounder outta the deal:ohhh:

Saric and Convington are very good role players that can shoot which will give KAT, Rose and Wiggins more room to operate.

This deal only works out if Wiggins and KAT can take their game to the next level and show that they can win without having Butler. Wiggins especially needs to prove himself.

As for the Sixers, they're gonna need another perimeter shooter since they lost Convington, but with Butler they're gonna improve more on defense and have another playmaker along side Embiid which is going to be huge come play off time. Simmons just isn't that guy you can count to get you outta a jam.

:yeshrug:

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
I don’t like the fact that they gave up Covington but hopefully this big 3 gels, perhaps they can challenge Milwaukee/Boston for the 2 seed.

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
People somehow think that Philly won't have outside shooting now?
:gucci:

While Butler is mid-range dominant and a slasher, he's shooting about 38% from 3.

Meanwhile, the marketed "3&D" guy in Covington is shooting 1% higher. Saric is around 36% and doesn't look as potent as last season.

Plus an elite defensive team can get away with figuring shyt out on offense for a minute because they'll always be in games, and you can bring more or less the same defensive energy every night. They still got JJ. Wilson Chandler has recently come back and he's generally a very good 3 pt shooter and already hitting the 40% mark (albeit with a small sample size).

They'll figure it out, so long as the personalities mesh I'm not concerned about their on court performance.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
that "will be" stuff doesn't mean anything when youre trying to compete NOW.

lavine wasn't gonna get re-upped anyway, and dunn cant even stay on the court.
You don’t know that and completely excluded Markannen

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I just want to say the Twolves are fukking trash as an organization if we are judging entire existences. I mean look at this shyt:

Regular Season record (1989-Present): 925-1405
Playoff Record: 17-30
Postseason Series Record: 2-9
Only made it out of the first round one time in nine playoff appearances
Lost in the first round for 7 straight years
Got the death sentence from the NBA for Joe fukking Smith
Spends #1 draft picks on people like Rasho Nesterovic, Wally Sczerbiak, Ndudi Ebi, Wesley Johnson, Johnny Flynn, and Derrick Williams
Drafts Ray Allen, Brandon Roy (not so bad in hindsight but the first few years was trash), and Ty Lawson, only to trade them on draft day

Honestly if the Cavs, Clippers and the Charlotte BobHornets didn't exist, the Wolves might be the worst run team in the history of modern NBA, and its arguable because all of those teams (if we include early 90s-2000s Hornets) have made it out of the first round more than once:stopitslime:

That’s exactly what I mean. Minny provides the space for rehabilitation of his game under a coach he knew. Now he can move on and sign up to a situation that best suits him and contribute to a championship run somewhere.

Ah I gotcha.

Last edited: