Jim Ross was an invaluable contributor to WWE

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Nah son, Jim Ross at the end of WrestleMania 17 was the best of him. I was always a fan of Austin so him turn heel I was like :yeshrug: but Ross and his commentary of ":what:WHAT DA HELL?! WHHHYYY AUSTIN WHHHYYYY! YOU SOLD YOUR DAMN SOUL TO THE DEVIL MCMAHON YOU SON OF A bytch!:damn:" made me turn my opinion to ":merchant:Why you it Austin? McMahon is no good!:to:" You don't see the influence like that in the commentary anymore
Bruh that shyt was :ohlawd:

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
he should have been vin scully status

but the E..with their idiocy..wanted to push that "reality era" and they have made it clear to call less of the technical parts of the match and focus on the storyline and keep it basic and modern. cole, as shytty as he is, seems like he is being held back because of it. also..anytime JBL makes an older reference or joke cole buries him obviously out of instruction from brass to cater to the young demo more. stupid

jr was probably losing enthusiasm for a variety of reasons though. 1. he didnt like overall direction 2. he probably had backtage arguments and beef 3. diminished role and capacity to sign with trips elevation 4. all these moves getting banned etc prob disgusted him and also probably made him feel unwanted and out of place even more because his strong suit was knowing the tech stuff so well and propping up those guys more than other announcers

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Can't nobody do it like JR....his commentary has me watching this match like its my first time

TheWhackMamba

The Coli's Drop Bear
Daps
Reppin
Western Australia
why was he fired anyway

Because he couldn't control a drunken Ric Flair at a 2K sports event.:usure:

Other rumors were that he was drunk, and he went off script to much, but I'm pretty sure it was the Flair deal.

I thought it turned out to be one of the most entertaining things the company has done in years, apart from where Flair derailed it with tales of his dead son :merchant:

Juanito

Pro
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I found that reveal on YouTube recently, still hilarious, man I wished I had cable back then :mjlol:

:wow: I remember this shyt like it was yesterday. JR did a hell of a job selling these storylines with how much emotional input he put into them. It was crazy but even back then we felt like JR was a HUGE part of the show.

Hoss

Legalize us.
Daps
Reppin
The North
I never made a topic on this but did anyone ever really laugh during all the bullying segments?
That was Vince McMahon entertaining himself and not really caring what the audience thought.
He got cheap heel heat I guess, but it's pretty obvious Vince took pleasure in picking on JR in particular.