Jim Ross was an invaluable contributor to WWE

El Cocodrilo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can't get jiggy with shytting on joey styles. Jr made so many moments memorable. I really hate the team of jbl cole and king

Yeah by now I must have seen a few hundred matches called by Cole/JBL/King or Cole/Grisham or whatever and out of all of those there has been maybe 1 or 2 matches that I was like :ehh: decent announcing

With JR/King I didnt even think about the announcing, I was completely absorbed by what was going on in my TV set and they just enhanced it.

I'd have to go back and listen, but even Cole/Tazz musta been way better than the shyt we have now.

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY!! GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY!!! THEY KILLED HIM! GOD AS MY WITNESS, HE'S BEEN BROKEN IN HALF!!

Doesn't get any better than that :banderas:
Nah son, Jim Ross at the end of WrestleMania 17 was the best of him. I was always a fan of Austin so him turn heel I was like :yeshrug: but Ross and his commentary of ":what:WHAT DA HELL?! WHHHYYY AUSTIN WHHHYYYY! YOU SOLD YOUR DAMN SOUL TO THE DEVIL MCMAHON YOU SON OF A bytch!:damn:" made me turn my opinion to ":merchant:Why you it Austin? McMahon is no good!:to:" You don't see the influence like that in the commentary anymore

Daps
Reppin
Toledo, OH
JR should have been the Chick Hern or Vin Scully and called until he died. The few matches I've seen now sound like shyt without his commentary.

Compare how he sells something as simple as Goldberg coming out

The Mark Henry call :russ:

to this - an amazing moment that is lessened by the shytty commentary

:stopitslime:

:ohmy: at how JR sold that whole Batista/Goldberg/Austin/Mark Henry segment..shyt felt EPIC, and that crowd was CRAZY

Daps
shyt, he's still contributing, providing the realest commentary in his blog and keeping it a hunna like the Mike Francesa of the WWE :blessed:

Hoss

Legalize us.
Daps
Reppin
The North
Found this list of wrestlers hired by WWF/WWE during JR's talent relations run (up to 2003):

Albert
Batista
Brock Lesnar
Charlie Haas
Christian
Danny Basham
Doug Basham
Droz
Edge
Eugene
Gangrel
John Cena
Kurt Angle
Mordecai
Orlando Jordan
Randy Orton
Rene Dupree
Rico Constantino
Rob Conway
The Rock
Rodney Mack
Ron Waterman
Rosey
Russ Haas
Shelton Benjamin
Sylvan Grenier
Test
Umaga
Val Venis

Not sure if this list is complete. A few duds in there but a lot of money too.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
Found this list of wrestlers hired by WWF/WWE during JR's talent relations run (up to 2003):

Albert
Batista
Brock Lesnar
Charlie Haas
Christian
Danny Basham
Doug Basham
Droz
Edge
Eugene
Gangrel
John Cena
Kurt Angle
Mordecai
Orlando Jordan
Randy Orton
Rene Dupree
Rico Constantino
Rob Conway
The Rock
Rodney Mack
Ron Waterman
Rosey
Russ Haas
Shelton Benjamin
Sylvan Grenier
Test
Umaga
Val Venis

Not sure if this list is complete. A few duds in there but a lot of money too.
its clear he valued ametuer background and family legacy big time in his hires.

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley
He signed Rock, Lesnar, Shelton, the Haas brothers..

2000 was so great...lol. I know most here were like 5 years old back then but he was hilarious. He named Cripple H Cerebal Assasin. ..The sell when Cripple H was revealed for running Austin. I've spoken on that before but it was so fukking funny. I was recording on vhs tape and i reminded that shyt at least 10x. I almost had tears in my eyes...Jim Ross went berzerk. It was also funny when he got angry when the fans went against Rock at Mania 18. "That's your choice, fans!":laugh: He's damn near heeling on Toronto. ..lol

I found that reveal on YouTube recently, still hilarious, man I wished I had cable back then :mjlol:

PYRRHUS 88

Shredder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Realistic Coop Replica
Me neither, :camby: with hating on the Joey Styles. That dude used to do the announcing on ECW dolo. You tell me how many people can/have done that? If nothing else, he gets props for that

I always preferred Joey Styles when he had Cyrus alongside him. The Jackal should still have a spot in wrestling, dude was a GOAT annoying shyt talker

But anyway on topic, yeah JR is the goat. I've been enjoying his podcast. I love when he randomly shyts on the IWC virgins when he's like "lotta people tweeting me asking about Daniel Bryan's push.......like they know what that is...." :pachaha: you tell 'em Jim