Jim Ross was an invaluable contributor to WWE

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Let's not get to his announcing yet....

As head of talent relations his resume speaks for itself. Judging from that article the other day, he brought Cena to Vince and told Vince Cena was a star....to which Vince seemingly doubted at first. We know he brought in Austin years ago, one could assume he brought in Road Dogg since he knew his family members in WCW. He brought in Pillman, who was likely gonna be a star before he died. He brought in Swagger, who at one point in time was a very good competitor. These are just the ones I know, I'm sure he brought in MANY more

As far as his announcing, he has an unmatched ability to get nearly any match over and get WRESTLERS over

And you don't think JR could sell a few Network subs? I think fans are more likely to respond to "good ol JR", than to Michael Cole. JR just adds legitimacy.

It's a shame he got fired(forced into retirement) behind that silly 2K sports event. Even with the downs of the current product, he could add so much more.

El Cocodrilo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll never understand the relationship between Good Ol' and the WWE. That's a man you let call matches (among other things) until he tells you he's not up to it anymore.

Yeah we never been backstage so we dont know wtf happens but shyt like this makes me believe that WWE brass put their egos ahead of good business way too often

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
JR should have been the Chick Hern or Vin Scully and called until he died. The few matches I've seen now sound like shyt without his commentary.

Compare how he sells something as simple as Goldberg coming out

The Mark Henry call :russ:

to this - an amazing moment that is lessened by the shytty commentary

:stopitslime:

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Had things not ended the way they did & with things are they way they are now.. JR would have been a key player in keeping WWE above water. His commentary is untouchable. Period.
61b0f6e0fd8c899256bf041553f35c88e76f9c0752b75b6ab00ba765d2b794b1.jpg

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
JR should have been the Chick Hern or Vin Scully and called until he died. The few matches I've seen now sound like shyt without his commentary.

Compare how he sells something as simple as Goldberg coming out

The Mark Henry call :russ:

to this - an amazing moment that is lessened by the shytty commentary

:stopitslime:

You shyt on Styles instead of Cole breh :pachaha:

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thing is you could tell after a while even JR was phoning it in, at least down in NXT. i've never heard JR so unenthused before.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
He signed Rock, Lesnar, Shelton, the Haas brothers..

2000 was so great...lol. I know most here were like 5 years old back then but he was hilarious. He named Cripple H Cerebal Assasin. ..The sell when Cripple H was revealed for running Austin. I've spoken on that before but it was so fukking funny. I was recording on vhs tape and i reminded that shyt at least 10x. I almost had tears in my eyes...Jim Ross went berzerk. It was also funny when he got angry when the fans went against Rock at Mania 18. "That's your choice, fans!":laugh: He's damn near heeling on Toronto. ..lol

Last edited: