Jim "Lyin" Ryan confirms PlayStation 1st parties are going PC and possibly beyond

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Look, Xbox won this gen and possibly next gen already.

I told you they wasn't future proof :francis:

Jim confirms they will get there games out to 100s of millions of gamers instead of reaching 10/20/30 like the max you can reach on consoles alone.

They can't compete with Microsoft at their own game tho, not now at least.

He says it at the end of the interview, don't hate that I been right all along. It's not easy always being the smartest man in the room nah mean, to be intellectually locked in a kennel. Oh well, war officially over. Thanks for playing or in Sony/Nintendo's case, thanks for paying :hhh:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
pc, streaming, mobile, sony has been saying this for years:unimpressed:

sony-pc.jpg

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
pc, streaming, mobile, sony has been saying this for years:unimpressed:

sony-pc.jpg

Look, just stop :stop:

There only reason to have Sony anything is because of their Exclusives.

Sony is a liar, that's it.

Didn't they say they believed in generations?

Didn't they say they wouldn't do a gamepass model like Microsoft because they wouldn't give away their first party games because they are too important?

So now you're doing they always said they going MULTIPLAT. They always said they eat gonna do what Microsoft does?

So then you guys haven't been saying there's no reason to get an Xbox because it's on PC?

Interesting you would say all that while being totally aware they gonna do the same. We did make threads on the possibility and you was in them acting like it's not real. But now you knew all along right? Then this wouldn't even be a story huh?

Add I guess I'm the only one reporting on it, right, since this isn't news :ufdup:

PlayStation Games Reaching Hundreds Of Millions Is CEO Jim Ryan's Goal

Jim Ryan: “I would love a world where hundreds of millions enjoy our games”

Jim Ryan Wants Hundreds of Millions to Enjoy PlayStation Games

PlayStation’s Jim Ryan Wants 100s of Millions Playing His Games, Finds Console Model Frustrating

I can post a dozen more if you need more :handshake:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Xbox trail blazing the way as usual.

There are certain people on this forum that swore up and down PC 1st party games wouldn't happen either among other things...

yet

:sas2:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Xbox trail blazing the way as usual.

There are certain people on this forum that swore up and down PC 1st party games wouldn't happen either among other things...

yet

:sas2:

They said it would happen, just years afterwards. But why would Sony continue to cater to the Sony stans :mjlol: when they can get 10x that amount of money by not catering to them.

So even if they just dip a toe into this... they'll realize they gotta jump in. Sony might end up being an EA play by next gen no bullshyt :wow:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It’s funny how much xbox and pc only players fiend PlayStation games and then go on day in and day out pretending they don’t care about whats on the other side talking about playing crimson starfish on gamepass:mjlol:

Yall will continue wishing and praying on a star that one day sony lets their games free while putting on a stink face about it 364 other days of the year.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
It’s funny how much xbox and pc only players fiend PlayStation games and then go on day in and day out pretending they don’t care about whats on the other side talking about playing crimson starfish on gamepass:mjlol:

Yall will continue wishing and praying on a star that one day sony lets their games free while putting on a stink face about it 364 other days of the year.

If Lost Judgement wasn't console only, I would have no need to touch my PS5 for the rest of the year. :umad:

HZD2 and GOW5 will be the only reasons I touch my P5 next year. :umad:

PC is my primary platform and I prefer to play there :umad:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
If Lost Judgement wasn't console only, I would have no need to touch my PS5 for the rest of the year. :umad:

HZD2 and GOW5 will be the only reasons I touch my P5 next year. :umad:

PC is my primary platform and I prefer to play there :umad:

And yet…you still need a ps5. :mjlol:

Sony already got your money

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
And yet…you still need a ps5. :mjlol:

Sony already got your money

Even w/ that strategy, Sony is struggling and can't afford to have a game that flops(Death Stranding, Days Gone). :dwillhuh:

Big Jim knows what it is, and tryna tap into that PC marketplace to open up more sales :wow:

Day and date will happen within the next 10 years, Jim just getting the port teams up. :wow:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Even w/ that strategy, Sony is struggling and can't afford to have a game that flops(Death Stranding, Days Gone). :dwillhuh:

Big Jim knows what it is, and tryna tap into that PC marketplace to open up more sales :wow:

Day and date will happen within the next 10 years, Jim just getting the port teams up. :wow:

:mjlol: Look what the future is to you

Enjoy your ps5

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
He’s talking about the cloud. He is saying similar things to Phil Spencer and Microsoft ‘3 billion gamers’ nonsense. Its probably a 5-10 year outlook statement more than anything else.

Selling games on PS + PC isn't going to reach 10s of millions of players/large audience he wants. PC hardware is still a major barrier to entry.

Everyone sees the cloud as the future and the cheapest way with the biggest potential return if done right. Everyone wants to be Netflix.

That said, its probably a long time before this happens. Sony is focused on PS5 and PSVR2 for now, they probably don’t have the bandwidth/resources to do anything more at this time. I mean, look at how slowly they are porting their 1st party games to PC. Its clear that expanding beyond the console isn’t a priority at the moment.

References:
Sony and Microsoft to explore strategic partnership - Stories

PlayStation CEO Jim Ryan Clarifies Details On Sony/Microsoft Collaboration