Jenny from Forrest Gump shouldn’t get so much hate

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
:ohhh: I came in here expecting either a comedic take, or a bad take.

:leon: Instead I now have a new appreciation for Jenny's character arc in the film.

Daps and rep. Super high quality post right there. :salute:

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Forrest Gump is a right wing fantasy....fukk that film
It's been a while since I've seen this movie. Explain this to me in a few words. Not interested in reading a whole article breh. Just give me the gist of what you're saying. Like your own thoughts for this.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
It's been a while since I've seen this movie. Explain this to me in a few words. Not interested in reading a whole article breh. Just give me the gist of what you're saying. Like your own thoughts for this.

The film basically says do what youre told, be loyal to your country, fight in their unjustified wars and don't ask questions, just get on with things and you will be rewarded. Even a simple idiot like Forest can become a success by towing the line.

The film condescends the 60s counter culture and ultimately punishes Jenny for going agaisnt these traditional American values. Even worse she's punished by HIV, which itself was a disease that the right-wing demonised and presented as a plague on society deviants.

Film is trash.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
The film basically says do what youre told, be loyal to your country, fight in their unjustified wars and don't ask questions, just get on with things and you will be rewarded. Even a simple idiot like Forest can become a success by towing the line.

The film condescends the 60s counter culture and ultimately punishes Jenny for going agaisnt these traditional American values. Even worse she's punished by HIV, which itself was a disease that the right-wing demonised and presented as a plague on society deviants.

Film is trash.

I swear, people really dig deep to find some stuff to make it seem one way. Can the movie just be about a person on the spectrum, with a good heart, who somehow ends up in these key moments in history? :francis:

A movie is supposed to be provide entertainment. There doesn’t need to be Some kind of message thrown in every single film. :shaq2:

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I swear, people really dig deep to find some stuff to make it seem one way. Can the movie just be about a person on the spectrum, with a good heart, who somehow ends up in these key moments in history? :francis:

A movie is supposed to be provide entertainment. There doesn’t need to be Some kind of message thrown in every single film. :shaq2:
You want it to be one way, but it's the other way :yeshrug:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
You want it to be one way, but it's the other way :yeshrug:
Says who? Has the writer or director came out and said it’s what others are saying?

I don’t understand how a film can “punish” a character when it shows how life could unfold. It’s a drama where you need to have a sympathetic character that’s flawed, and ultimately there’s a downfall.

I never saw this movie as pushing the republican side. I saw it as a trip through time. But y’all can have your own view. :russell:

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Says who? Has the writer or director came out and said it’s what others are saying?

I don’t understand how a film can “punish” a character when it shows how life could unfold. It’s a drama where you need to have a sympathetic character that’s flawed, and ultimately there’s a downfall.

I never saw this movie as pushing the republican side. I saw it as a trip through time. But y’all can have your own view. :russell:
The movie is made with a certain outlook on life and the US, and that outlook is conservative :yeshrug: It presents a sanitized version of post WWII US history and all the characters who accept their station in life are rewarded, all those who don't get punished. Whether or not these choices were made consciously or subconsciously doesn't really matter.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
The movie is made with a certain outlook on life and the US, and that outlook is conservative :yeshrug: It presents a sanitized version of post WWII US history and all the characters who accept their station in life are rewarded, all those who don't get punished. Whether or not these choices were made consciously or subconsciously doesn't really matter.

Again, the movie probably isn’t that deep like people are saying. Y’all could be reaching hard AF. :mjlol:

At the end of the day This movie didn’t change my POV on anything. I like to turn off my brain and enjoy a movie for what it was made for: entertainment.

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:ohhh: I came in here expecting either a comedic take, or a bad take.

:leon: Instead I now have a new appreciation for Jenny's character arc in the film.

Daps and rep. Super high quality post right there. :salute:
You should dap the redditor who came up with the original thread. OP copied and pasted this off Reddit

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Again, the movie probably isn’t that deep like people are saying. Y’all could be reaching hard AF. :mjlol:

At the end of the day This movie didn’t change my POV on anything. I like to turn off my brain and enjoy a movie for what it was made for: entertainment.
So basically, you shut off your brain while watching this movie and now you want to argue about it with people who didn't? Ok :mjlol: