Jem and the Holograms trailer aka hollywood still hates 80's cartoons.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Why even bother, they should have just named it something else.

I mean shyt... Jem is 80s as fukk...

Would have been a nice cult classic if they woulda just went decadent 80s with it. I mean damn I can picture it in my head. Scott Pilgrim type of effects with a shyt ton of glitter and neon.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Looks fukking horrible.

Wow. Even Josie & the Pu$$ycats were true to the comic & the cartoon.

This is just a whiney ass 'Gonna be Famous' rags to riches movie. No Misfits, no classic Jem sound. :pacspit: I'm so mad I'm about to watch Josie & the Pu$$ycats.

Edit: Jem is a remake of this movie!!! But it's got bo appeal to it fukk this movie!

Yo I came to post....Josie & the p*ssycats was actually kinda fun from what I remember of it....:laugh:

Of course, both it and JEM whitewashed the black musician....:mjpls:

Should've gone all out and make it take place in the '80s like Rock of Ages. Jem's entire gimmick was based around '80s fashion and music. Could've been fun but I'll never watch this. :yeshrug:

Not sure if anyone has seen/remembers it, but that live action Brady Bunch movie they did in the 90's? Where the family acts like they did back in the 70's, but the rest of the world is modern, and the humor comes from them being out of place...that's where I would have went with this.

Or as mentioned above, the p*ssycats movie actually hit the right tone as well....where it was more about parodying the music scene as it existed at that time.

But from the looks of the trailer, it looks like they picked the worst possible route to take....genuine and saccharine.

Last edited:

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
i forgot the main plot of this show other than her boyfriend was dating both her and her alter ego but she didn't seem to mind :russ:
So I just went and watched some clips of the cartoon on youtube and how in the world they thought they could do a movie without Synergy:dahell:
Synergy was the star of the show and this new Jem doesn't even have those earrings:mindblown:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
As everyone should :ehh: most of those cartoons were trash

Couldn't have been that trash, since they're milking the fukk out of it.

But this ish is the worst. They complain about lack of female superheroes on the big screen and Jem was the perfect opportunity to headline one. That's really all she was. The ish is laid down for them perfectly, and they eff up another one. No Synergy, no Misfits, no 80's music. And it seems to be about Jerica losing herself instead of Jem & the Holograms saving the day.

Right now, Transformers is winning the live-action source material war. It's been the closest one. Josie was probably next, even though that's not 80s. They took the Smurfs to NY smh. Aliens was more GI Joe than GI Joe.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Couldn't have been that trash, since they're milking the fukk out of it.

But this ish is the worst. They complain about lack of female superheroes on the big screen and Jem was the perfect opportunity to headline one. That's really all she was. The ish is laid down for them perfectly, and they eff up another one. No Synergy, no Misfits, no 80's music. And it seems to be about Jerica losing herself instead of Jem & the Holograms saving the day.

Right now, Transformers is winning the live-action source material war. It's been the closest one. Josie was probably next, even though that's not 80s. They took the Smurfs to NY smh. Aliens was more GI Joe than GI Joe.

The bad thing is they had the chance to talk and collaborate with the creator Christy Marx, of the original cartoon but they opted not to meet with her. You would think they would want to talk to her about the characters since she is the one that created them. Nobody said they had to do play by play of the series but at least acknowledge some of the older fans since they are also the demographic that will wanna watch with their kids now.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
I know this Jem movie won't have a joke like this
tumblr_n7wu0ct8fk1s9wjpdo1_500.gif

tumblr_m6x81cxjWp1qgskhho1_500.gif

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Nov 83

Did you have a big sister? If not, you wouldn't really remember it. It was big when we were watching GI Joe and he man

No I was the oldest but I looked it up on YouTube and it's vaguely familiar where I saw it being advertised but never cared to watch it because I probably wasn't in the target demographic for it