Jeff Bezos, Whole Foods Wants Workers to Pay for Colleagues' Sick Leave During Coronavirus Pandemic

invalid

Banned
Daps
I just talked to someone for the first time last week who works in an Amazon Distribution Center. I thought in terms of wage jobs that working there would be peachy keen honky dory. Found out that shyt is a sweatshop. :picard:

And that they have to work “mandatory overtime” and if they don’t they get let go? :mindblown:

Wtf is mandatory overtime? I told the brotha that that shyt sounds illegal. How they gonna force you to work over 40hrs a week if you don’t want to?

Cynical Thoughts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:patrice:so he’s essentially working the restaurant owner game on his employees but within the business.

Yet another angle for me to use against the pro tip crowd.( hopefully the coli can work the kinks outta this argument for me).:pachaha:

:jbhmm:whats next? I bet ima have to look at a checker in the face while hitting the “no” option on rounding my total to the nearest dollar to donate to their sick leave.

Bumblebreh

Collecting honey and money
Daps
I just talked to someone for the first time last week who works in an Amazon Distribution Center. I thought in terms of wage jobs that working there would be peachy keen honky dory. Found out that shyt is a sweatshop. :picard:

And that they have to work “mandatory overtime” and if they don’t they get let go? :mindblown:

Wtf is mandatory overtime? I told the brotha that that shyt sounds illegal. How they gonna force you to work over 40hrs a week if you don’t want to?

Unless people unionise. Nothing will change my brother. Capitalism and wealth building has always been about exploiting the poor and the vulnerable

Strapped

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The politicians create these situations , while the EU tries to regulate these greedy companies