john legend still holdin ya'll down.

8e4c6025b48af68eac9b9c42f5da5ca4.gif

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I agree, I've long come to this conclusion.

most of us held out hope based on what we were sold and "Ima be different" lmfao nah.

Our society was constructed (well the modern society) for Marriage to no longer be needed, and people holding on to the past paired with social media amplifying delusion is what has the relationship world in shambles. People point to these "married for 30 year" couples not realizing they grew up in a different era.

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
most of us held out hope based on what we were sold and "Ima be different" lmfao nah.

Our society was constructed (well the modern society) for Marriage to no longer be needed, and people holding on to the past paired with social media amplifying delusion is what has the relationship world in shambles. People point to these "married for 30 year" couples not realizing they grew up in a different era.
Yep

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
I agree, I've long come to this conclusion.

As someone who is due to get married, I’m still staunchly GMB. If you find a real one, vet her throughly. And even when you do, truly weigh the pros and cons. And even then, accept you’ll still have more to lose before deciding to marry.

I love my fiancée and even though I trust her, I accept she’s susceptible like any other woman. Somewhere down the line, people will change. It could be straight after we marry, after our first child, after the first seven years. Who knows? It’s a risk I’m willing to take.

Even with all that being said, this is not the culture or environment to get married in. Too much access to casual sex. People have way more options than the average person did 20 years ago. Couples don’t have to “work things out” like they used to.

Don’t let these women shame you into marriage. I proposed for my own reasons and it’s more business related than anything. Any man marrying solely for love is an idiot and will get their pockets ran.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
As someone who is due to get married, I’m still staunchly GMB. If you find a real one, vet her throughly. And even when you do, truly weigh the pros and cons. And even then, accept you’ll still have more to lose before deciding to marry.

I love my fiancée and even though I trust her, I accept she’s susceptible like any other woman. Somewhere down the line, people will change. It could be straight after we marry, after our first child, after the first seven years. Who knows? It’s a risk I’m willing to take.

Even with all that being said, this is not the culture or environment to get married in. Too much access to casual sex. People have way more options than the average person did 20 years ago. Couples don’t have to “work things out” like they used to.

Don’t let these women shame you into marriage. I proposed for my own reasons and it’s more business related than anything. Any man marrying solely for love is an idiot and will get their pockets ran.

Ultimately for dudes who choose to go down the path at a MINIMUM set up safe guards to lessen/minimize the blowback from any divorce. But lotta dudes don't even do that and be on some "me and my girl different" shyt lmfao. We are human and humans are imperfect so to think you are so different and not even take safe guards is just asking for it.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Massive L for certain Coli nikkas and the Black Manosphere.

They've literally been praying for Russell to divorce Ciara now for a decade now. Trying to will it into existence yet those two are still going strong.

Meanwhile Mr. Dark Meat and his submissive PAAG ain't even make it to Year 3
:mjlol: :pachaha: :heh: :russ:
#draggedforfilth

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Ultimately for dudes who choose to go down the path at a MINIMUM set up safe guards to lessen/minimize the blowback from any divorce. But lotta dudes don't even do that and be on some "me and my girl different" shyt lmfao. We are human and humans are imperfect so to think you are so different and not even take safe guards is just asking for it.
Oh trust me. Before I even proposed, I set out the terms of our marriage like a contract (which it is). I didn’t go out with my nose open. Too many men go in starry-eyed like “she’s the love of my life.”

Marriage is so great, women expect to be proposed to and rarely the other way round. :russ: If it was so beneficial to men the way they talk about it, you’d expect their to be long line of women lining up to get engagement rings.

Men need to take romance out of it, that’s for the women. For us, we need to be logical because there’s nothing romantic about marriage for us. Nothing changes in our feelings for a woman with or without a ring. We don’t need to be claimed like a woman does, that’s the difference.

I know it sounds like I’m not thrilled about getting married. Contrary to what I wrote, I’m actually looking forward to it. But I understand it’s business first.