jeen-yuhs: A Kanye Trilogy | All Parts Released

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
The documentary is great at showing his struggle but we also have to remember that Kanye was getting PAID for his beats. People talking about “nobody cared. They only wanted his beats”, well that was the POINT. Nobody was “using” Kanye like he was some naive kid; he was getting paid and had platinum plaques to his name. He had to work hard at convincing people and he ultimately succeeded.

But you CANNOT expect people to care about your dreams simply because their YOUR dreams. It takes hard work and dedication, of which Kanye had in spades.

Kanye mentioned in the doc that he went from selling beats for $400 to $40k after The Blueprint

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Newfound respect for him. Ye and Pac jut have that charisma. Not talking best lyricist but these dudes are special to the world.

That clip of him recording his spot the MTVs new music segment really impressed me.

His vision and goals were crystal clear and he was very charismatic in conveying them while looking directly at the camera.

Those days of practicing in front of the mirror at his mom's house paid off

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
I find it ironic that Kanye spent so much energy trying to get put on writing rhymes, but nowadays has ghost writers.
:comeon: Everyone gets credited on Kanye's tracks/albums. There are no "ghost" writers. And they don't write his verses line for line either. Cyhi explained in his Vlad interview how it works. Kanye gave Jay Z the hook for Lucifer. He can write.

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
Been playing first 3 Ye albums, Blueprint, Black Album and WTT nonstop. Blaze Ye and Tunez had beat game on lock cot damn.

B. Pumpaveli

All Star
Daps
Bruh plenty nikkas got looked over. Kanye wasn’t THAT dope as a rapper so it’s understandable that a team full of spitters was gonna be a little whatever about him. But on the flip side. He had nikkas who looked out for him and tried to help him. He was literally shytting on them same nikkas on Drink Champs not too long ago. So if anyone needs to look back at themselves it’s Ye. He sit his ass on Drink Champs and shyt on Just Blaze, Talib and the whole backpack scene. Literally his grass roots. And u speak about Dame. How did he repay Dame for helping him become a rapper? By teaming up with the nikka who told him not to rap and not riding with Dame when The Roc split up. I genuinely got sad watching this doc cause that right there was the Ye I fukked wit.

Watching the Doc it looked like Talib really fukked with him. That Drink Champs interview looks even more crazy now :mjlol:

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Newfound respect for him. Ye and Pac jut have that charisma. Not talking best lyricist but these dudes are special to the world.
Low key, Pac and Ye have a lot of parallels. Both raised by their mom primarily. Both had a Panther parent, though Ye only really saw his dad during the summer (Donda was part of the movement as well though). Both extremely hard working. Both known to wild out at times. Both Geminis. Both gifted in more than just one art form. One of the main differences is Pac was raised in poverty and his mom strung out on drugs whereas Kanye had a much more stable environment growing up.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Malik Yusef, Fonzworth Bentley, Lupe, John Legend, Talib, Mos def

Yup. Right from the beginning. Not like he didn’t have concepts but the essence of his writers is blatant just like with Diddy. You listen to No Way Out era Puff and can literally tell who wrote what.

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
Low key, Pac and Ye have a lot of parallels. Both raised by their mom primarily. Both had a Panther parent, though Ye only really saw his dad during the summer (Donda was part of the movement as well though). Both extremely hard working. Both known to wild out at times. Both Geminis. Both gifted in more than just one art form. One of the main differences is Pac was raised in poverty and his mom strung out on drugs whereas Kanye had a much more stable environment growing up.
Yep thosw two are just similar. Only difference Pac was a ladies man. Kanye is strictly music. He has groupies but you can tell he truly lives and breathes music.