Jedi Fallen Order Has Some Of The WOAT Level Design

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I thought it was good. Like a souls lite. I like to explore and figure things out a bit. It’s better than games that just funnel you in one direction towards the next cutscene.
Uncharted never seems to recylce and backtrack through levels though. Prefer a one way street with plenty of sights to see than a maze of corriders around a couple arenas on each level

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
didnt bother me. i thought the shortcut system was cool for backtracking
one of my only issues was that the progress cues are kind of hard to see sometimes.
like i was lost and finally figured out i was walking back and forth right on the elevator platdorm i needed, not noticing the switch right in the middle of it

and the controls have a mind of their own sometimes, especially since you have to be super precise jumping to ropes or bending those slides

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I didn't fukk with the story at all. :manny:

Gameplay is good though. Like others have said, the backtracking is :camby: status, but it's a nice little game at the end of the day. One part of the story I liked though was how small it showed Cal's struggle was. The people you fight are pretty much considered Novices at least, Adepts at the very best.

The best avenue for any future single player star wars adventure game though is something so far in the past or future that they can create their own story that can seamlessly fit into a timeline. Too many stories and games are trying to fit narratives in that period between Episode 3 and 4.

If anything, I think The Old Republic (the MMO) showed that you can do a good villain story without sacrificing anything. For all intents and purposes, the Sith Warrior character can be one of the most brutal motherfukkers out there, but I found their story to be one of the best right next to Imperial Agent and Jedi Guardian. :lupe:

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
I didn't fukk with the story at all. :manny:

Gameplay is good though. Like others have said, the backtracking is :camby: status, but it's a nice little game at the end of the day. One part of the story I liked though was how small it showed Cal's struggle was. The people you fight are pretty much considered Novices at least, Adepts at the very best.

The best avenue for any future single player star wars adventure game though is something so far in the past or future that they can create their own story that can seamlessly fit into a timeline. Too many stories and games are trying to fit narratives in that period between Episode 3 and 4.

If anything, I think The Old Republic (the MMO) showed that you can do a good villain story without sacrificing anything. For all intents and purposes, the Sith Warrior character can be one of the most brutal motherfukkers out there, but I found their story to be one of the best right next to Imperial Agent and Jedi Guardian. :lupe:
Wasn't the Sith dude on Dathomir a fallen Jedi Master?

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
One part of the story I liked though was how small it showed Cal's struggle was. The people you fight are pretty much considered Novices at least, Adepts at the very best.
This is my favorite part of the game.

People complain about how Cal was weak for a Jedi but it makes sense in the scope of the plot. Cal was an inexperienced padawan who had not kept up in his jedi training since the jedi were wiped out when he was a child. It made sense that he'd struggle with low tier threats, he was a beginner with a lightsaber and had very little force training before he went into hiding.

The level design was not meant for backtracking yet the game expects you to back track at times, that killed the momentum of the story but I enjoyed the game overall.

Doctor Doom

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
:unimpressed:I had to click on this damn thread after downloading Fallen Order from Origin. Thanks Coli brehs:beli:

I hate backtracking games:mjcry:

Story can be a hit or miss. Depends on what you want out of your story. :manny:

Gameplay is fine, but I don't think it works for Star Wars games, unsure on this.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Story can be a hit or miss. Depends on what you want out of your story. :manny:

Gameplay is fine, but I don't think it works for Star Wars games, unsure on this.

Star War games are hit and miss all together:francis:. Battlefront 2 was the last game that I put some hours in. I tried the SWTOR MMO but it just wasn't it:shaq2:. I just coming into the game because folks were gassing the shyt up in 2019 and I get EA Play:yeshrug:

Doctor Doom

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Star War games are hit and miss all together:francis:. Battlefront 2 was the last game that I put some hours in. I tried the SWTOR MMO but it just wasn't it:shaq2:. I just coming into the game because folks were gassing the shyt up in 2019 and I get EA Play:yeshrug:

I fukked heavy with the MMO, but then again I didn't do no MMO shyt and just played story and side missions. :lupe: