Jeannie Mai Jenkins: “I only speak Vietnamese to my daughter. Jeezy speaks the ‘south’ to her.”

Supa cat

Catset Don Dada
Daps

Time stamped for your convenience.

On Tuesday, the former The Real co-host, 44, talked with Jennifer Hudson on the Jennifer Hudson Showabout all the ways her life has changed since the finale of her talk show, including the birth of her daughter, Monaco, 16 months.

"I love her so much, she's so opinionated. And I think the best thing is learning how to really teach her how to own who she is," Jenkins said. "She's a beautiful blend of being Black and Vietnamese and I want her to really understand what that means as a powerful woman today."

"We try to have her spend time with her Southern grandparents in Atlanta, in Georgia, and then she goes down to the Bay and she spends time with my Vietnamese grandparents all the time. So she understands both sides and I only speak Vietnamese to her. And then dad only speaks the South to her," she joked.
oceanmam-dr-umar.gif

@Mowgli can you confirm that this happens in your Asian household? :jbhmm:

He’s Cape Verdean pretty sure he speaks Portuguese creole or somewhat

LadyJ2

Superstar
Daps
🗣️ y’all come on heah an give da gurl uh break we country and fine wit wat she done said 🇺🇸

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I don't know mandarin. I'm teaching them English and I just told you my wife isn't teaching them Chinese.
You married a Chinese woman? Did you meet her in China?

I heard about the beef between Northern and Southern Chinese.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Ehh the baby will know multiple languages and some regional dialect/slang as well.

Baby will be able to move with ease in different circles :manny:

Jeannie is annoying and has dumb ways of saying things for attention

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
While I don’t care for IR it is smart for a child to learn two languages
Word if only because it makes it easier to learn different languages later. My chick in Africa spoke 5 langaguages my Chick in Colombia speaks 3. I'm struggling to learn Spanish I think it's because I have 40 years speaking only english.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Ehh the baby will know multiple languages and some regional dialect/slang as well.

Baby will be able to move with ease in different circles :manny:

Jeannie is annoying and has dumb ways of saying things for attention
Not usually the case with Black presenting people though.