Jay Z sued for $18 million for not doing promo for perfume, says he didn't read contract

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
That’s not a response to the point of his statement lol.

Jay Z got a cologne because they came to him with a deal that made sense. He didn’t go looking for them, this was essentially an endorsement deal. Once he kept getting more popular and his other businesses were rising he just distanced himself from the cologne because if it was gonna end up in bargain stores it would bring his overall brand down.

Do you get it now?

this is silly. How does jay z cologne being discounted hurt his brand?

does Burberry cologne being discounted hurt the brand

no one is going to slight jay z because his cologne is price is cut :mjlol:

also if you read the story, the cologne was selling well

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
The point was obvious if not well stated on a lunch. In school they say show your work. If you reach the right answer by guess work you’re still going to be marked wrong.

Putting all that aside, the case was just dismissed. As always Coli nikkas need to stop arguing with actual lawyers.

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
^i was coming to post this.

Jay-Z Wins Trial Over Soured Cologne Deal
By Bill Donahue
11/10/2021
jay-z-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-2021-billboard-1548-1636557070-compressed.jpg

Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images for The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
Jay Z is inducted onstage during the 36th Annual Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony at Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse on Oct. 30, 2021 in Cleveland, Ohio.

Wednesday’s verdict came after nearly six years of litigation over the 'Gold Jay-Z' fragrance.
A Manhattan jury on Wednesday (Nov. 10) cleared Jay-Z in a lawsuit that claimed he breached an endorsement deal for a “Gold Jay-Z” cologne brand by failing to properly promote it, allowing the superstar to avoid $67 million in requested damages.

Capping off a contentious three-week trialover the soured product deal with Parlux Fragrances LLC, the jury was apparently swayed by arguments from Jay-Z's attorney that asked “why on earth” the star would have put his name on a product that he wanted to fail.

Wednesday's verdict awarded nothing to Parlux, but also declined to award any money to Jay-Z, who had sought roughly $6 million in royalties he said he was still owed under the deal.

ARTIST MENTIONED
Jay-Z

"You failed to prove your case, they failed to prove their case," Justice Andrew Borrok said to an attorney for Parlux after the verdict was read aloud in court. "You're excused."

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"I’m not a lawyer,” Carter reiterated. “All I can say is I have creative control over what I do with myself and my body. No, I did not read the contract.”

nikkas say I'm too dumb to be a lawyer but this what these high priced cacs lawyers prepared for their client to say on the stand.

:francis:
This didn’t age well at all :lolbron: