Jay Z Launching A Venture Capital Fund

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Do you know how many business operate at at loss? The nerve of you dudes trying to spin a Jay-Z investment in Uber as an L. A lot of you dudes don't have any business acumen. Uber is a fairly new company. For them to be operating at a loss is not crazy at all. They still generate ridiculous revenue, but right now their expenses outweigh their profits. They have been trying to gain global market share of the industry and have spent a ton of money overseas. I can't tell you how Jay-Z's investment will turn out, but it's not as simple as "they're operating at a loss, so it was a bad investment"
The tech industry is in a huge bubble because of companies like Uber. A company that doesn't generate profit isn't a good company. Theyre desperately trying to make the company profitable and they're hoping that autonomous driving will make drivers mostly obsolete in the future and they're only investment will be in it's fleet. I work in tech, I'm not talking out my ass.

MrWestGrand

The Negotiator
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Excellent, the more black business owners who become venture capitalists, the money opportunity black people have to build competitive businessness and create products with a great foundation and platform to succeed.

Sean Carter raising the bar black men, this is how you lead, and I use to be a critic of the man.

Well Done.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
I'm surprised he waited this long to do this, but good for him, hopefully he gets behind some more big ideas, and put some local (Black) talent to work.
He won't. And deep down we all know it. First he was friends with Buffett, now he wants to be friends with Zuckerberg, Musk, and Thiel.

MrWestGrand

The Negotiator
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
nas readin this like:

tumblr_m6m0c7Htgw1raq7mho1_500.gif
This is why Nas was always uniquely special in the Hip Hop community, because speaking for myself I could always feel the refinement that's necessary to succeed in his delivery and viewpoint, which he exhibited in his raps.

Smart Black men need to follow he and Jay approach, don't let petty bullshyt divide the possibilities of building bonds, which spur growth and development.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Exactly. I sat here thinking, "with what money?" :wtf:

People only hear about the successes. Never the (99% chance) failures.

Venture capitalism/angel investing isn't for those who don't have money to play around and don't mind losing.

If reports are to believed, Jay (and Beyonce) aren't nearly as rich as they'd like you to believe. Mind you, these are "billionaires" with a real estate portfolio that is valued at less than 8M$ and are currently renting. :russ:
They got outbid on a house out here in LA by Tom Ford for $50M.

MrWestGrand

The Negotiator
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
They got outbid on a house out here in LA by Tom Ford for $50M.
You sound like you trying to piss in the cherrios of people who actually know this move is indicative of what smug ass Cacs been pulling for decades, and can actually be a platform for talented people of color to get their products into mainstream distribution, or ideas developed into something tangible.

I don't give a fukk about a house bid, that's doesn't reflect anything.

Ms. Elaine

Spoiled Brat
Daps
Reppin
Avocado Toast
You sound like you trying to piss in the cherrios of people who actually know this move is indicative of what smug ass Cacs been pulling for decades, and can actually be a platform for talented people of color to get their products into mainstream distribution, or ideas developed into something tangible.

Sounds like you do. :francis:

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.

And cacs lost a lot of paper money in the first big tech crash. These companies have to become profitable for him to lock in those earnings. This isn't hate. just the truth. And Jay Z probably won't be investing in many if any black startups.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

imirza

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is a damn lie. He dumped most of his money is that failed entity known as Tidal. If it wasn't for Beyonce, Jay would be doing shows at Waffle's Houses across the country. Dude is a bum.
You DO realize that TIDAL was just recently valued at $600 Million right?