Jay-Z is now president of Puma basketball. Puma gives Walt Frazier a lifetime contract

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
this explains why beat street and the recent puma pr have been way more visible.

the past i guess two weeks of what will be a possible opening six week pr run for this jayz venture.

just better hope you actually make a really good aesthetic performance bball shoe.
if you don't.
you can forget about that lifestyle jump off being what you think it will be.
it will just be another puma marketing uptick try like they usually have when they try to make an urban and metropolitan run.

if they want to supplant someone.
you better be trying to outdo kanye cause failure in this will be on the score card, and will make jay look funny in the light to ye.
now, that i think about this.
this must be a revenue grab.
as it makes no sense in actual reality.
as, puma has no chance in hell of using the crop of roster meets designs and actual urban convincability.
to dent into nike and adidas and kanye and jordan.
not to mention, jay has shown no propensity, or ability.
to be able to put together a basketball inspiring outfit, originally or in biting.
upon which this whole urban aesthetic look orginates in top draw and origin.
in jordan meets the hood/dope boi boom period in chicago.
which translates to the rest of the world in the boom of the crack and divorce gen era.

so this is actually a fail, destined to happen.
which will be deflected into every other jayz failure turned revenue grab based venture in general idea via pr turned added on public perception.

art barr

Last edited:
Daps
this explains why beat street and the recent puma pr have been way more visible.

the past i guess two weeks of what will be a possible opening six week pr run for this jayz venture.

just better hope you actually make a really good aesthetic performance bball shoe.
if you don't.
you can forget about that lifestyle jump off being what you think it will be.

it will just be another puma marketing uptick try like they usually have when they try to make an urban run.

if they want to supplant someone.
you better be trying to outdo kanye cause failure in this will be on the score card, and will make jay look funny in the light to ye.

art barr

Adidas proved this to be false

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
no. a boss puts their own money up and calls all the shots. Jay will be taking orders at Puma just like all his other ventures. He is a lengendary brand ambassador, and part of his brand is selling how he is a great business man. Can't knock the hustle becuase he is getting paid out the ass, but I don't like how he talks all this slick shyt about putting with jobs when he has multiple jobs.
You rather own 100% of $10 than 10% of $1000.

No different than those hood record label ceos.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
no. a boss puts their own money up and calls all the shots. Jay will be taking orders at Puma just like all his other ventures. He is a lengendary brand ambassador, and part of his brand is selling how he is a great business man. Can't knock the hustle becuase he is getting paid out the ass, but I don't like how he talks all this slick shyt about putting with jobs when he has multiple jobs.
Dame is gonna make you dudes broker than you are now :dayum:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
nikka you know what I mean. you are on the hook whether it's a loan or folks invested. when you got a job title you can skate clean.
Say what you mean and mean what you say

Let smart dumb nikkas ruin your lives because they were in rap videos brehs :dame:

Scientific

Bacdafucup
Daps
Reppin
The H
Puma is only known for retros, and internationally, Soccer is their bread and butter. The novelty of Jay being there will come down, but Puma will have to take market share from UA and Adidas' recent surge in the basketball market. Otherwise, I just see Puma in the same light as Fila and Pony....which I also wear.

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
Pumas with paper planes?

Emory Jones a genius for that logo by the way:wow:

I mean the Paper Planes logo looks good, but isn't it pretty much just a ripoff of Benny Gold's paper plane logo?

rocnation.jpg

benny-gold-classic-paper-plane-t-shirt_1024x1024.jpg

As for this move for Puma it's a good look. Hopefully they can get the technology and design right to compete with Nike.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Adidas proved this to be false

sorry but adidas had a much larger and closer relevent pocket in the current idea of the generation.
including the fact they came up with an actual reply to nike air with boost.
do i see jay doing both a basketball performance aesthetic shoe in the first oh whop,..no.

the only saving anythning for jayz at puma is to ask for thirsten howell the third to come in
to offer the original lo life misappropriated flair that kanye emulates by way of dem dare.
plus, merge it with the marketing wizardry of reg know.

past that,..i don't see jayz doing anything past an overblown pr revenue grab at the very end of the day.

there are no facts pointing to this being any different.
there is no cultural loss and sway of emotion and an additional completely industry take over based monopoly looking to seize the day.
via their own artist in that biggie based lexicon for themselves and eventually come to own badboy and sell it to back to puff themselves.

art barr

they can say this past pr run of beat street is aiding them.
yet, this gen does not give a fukk about history at all whatsoever.
as it is all a lie and they do not really invest in any of the socalled pop stars at all, past a gateway instruction kids cartoon network window of age as well.