Singles Jay-Z, D'angelo, Jeymes Samuel - I Want You Forever

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Cope.

At the small rate that Jay has been dropping music since 4:44, he should be slaying features at 3 Stacks or Black Thought level consistency. Hell, even Wayne level consistency.

In hindsight, that God Did verse was a bit of a fluke from Jay that made people think he was still in his rapping prime because I don't remember his other features like Love All, Neck & Wrist, and Jail getting all that much love. And those songs he did with Pharrell and Nipsey came and went.

I still would like to see a "victory lap" album from Jay before he retires for good but he's gonna need to bring back that 96-03 level of flow and emceeing back and limit the spoken word shyt.

God Did was Mid. Ari Melber went crazy with the dikkriding

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Part of being at this stage in his career, is getting to only do things you want. Jay always had a neo soul side, remember the Unplugged album?

Not sure how many times I will listen to this, but it's dope, and I like that he just does whatever he feels works. Clearly, he's just having fun and enjoying the experiences of recording with D'angelo, experimenting with flows, and telling probably some of the most personal bars of his career.

Between this and God Did, never heard Jay so open and vulnerable.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Right, classic, from my favorite album, and it's also 25 plus years old

but it's also kind of a different vulnerability. He's ashamed and somewhat unrepentant on that--on these, he's more relaxed, more removed, and more at peace with his life.

Yup

I see what you saying

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Song was a cool vibe to me...maybe it's because I don't really expect much from Jay at this point so him doing some what spoken word shyt is fine...he's washed but he's in his mid 50's so it is what it is :yeshrug:

Also D did his thing

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Cope.

At the small rate that Jay has been dropping music since 4:44, he should be slaying features at 3 Stacks or Black Thought level consistency. Hell, even Wayne level consistency.

In hindsight, that God Did verse was a bit of a fluke from Jay that made people think he was still in his rapping prime because I don't remember his other features like Love All, Neck & Wrist, and Jail getting all that much love. And those songs he did with Pharrell and Nipsey came and went.

I still would like to see a "victory lap" album from Jay before he retires for good but he's gonna need to bring back that 96-03 level of flow and emceeing back and limit the spoken word shyt.
Wayne has been putting out some of the worst feature verses of all time for damn near 2p years. I guess you can call that consistency... I've been appalled since 07 Ahh days